No announcement yet.

Entry Level Long Range Optic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can some explain “turret tracking” I’m unfamiliar with that term??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
      Can some explain “turret tracking” I’m unfamiliar with that term??

Basically if you move the the turret 8 clicks up it moves straight up while still aiming dead center. 8 clicks right and then you are directly to the right. Etc until you shoot a box around the bullseye.

Link for reference

Comment

Entry Level Long Range Optic?

Meopta has a new line coming out. It’s the
        Optika 6 and probably has something in your budget or just over.

$649.95 up to $799.95 in this power. FFP and SFP also illuminated or non.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
        Last edited by Black Ice; 09-05-2019, 05:53 PM.

Comment

SWFA is an optics manufacturing specializing in rifle scopes built for tactical, hunting, and long range shooting known for quality and precision optics.

Bar none the most reliable "cheap optic around"

Comment

I'd go swfa. I think you get a lot of scope for the price as you give up variable zoom

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
              Basically if you move the the turret 8 clicks up it moves straight up while still aiming dead center. 8 clicks right and then you are directly to the right. Etc until you shoot a box around the bullseye.

Link for reference

It’s a bit more complicated than that. You’re wanting the point of aim to move a specific distance. If you dial 1.8 mils, then you want your point of aim to move exactly 1.8 mils. Your point of aim can move perfectly level when dialing windage, but if you dial .7 MILS and the scope moves .4 then it still does you no good. Tracking is moving the correct distance repeatedly from zero and back to zero many times over the life of the optic.

Comment

I put a Sightron SIII 8-32X on my F Class 243. I’ve shot it out to 1000yds. It tracks very well from a 100yd zero up to 1000 and everything in between. Don’t think you can beat it for money. Check reviews on the Sightron SIII.
                Last edited by texag93; 09-05-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I have ZERO knowledge of this scope. Just read your post, and, when I went to gundeals, this popped up;

Comment

Saw this you may be interested in but you may browse the site, lots of deals on that page

Comment

Any benefit to the lighted reticle?

Ive never looked through a nicer glass like these with lighted reticle.

The cheaper scopes with them I’m not a fan of

Who likes them and hates them?

Comment

Also what reticle is best for long range?

MIL

MOA

Comment

I know it isn't the magnification range you are looking for but this is an absolute smoking deal on a really great piece of glass. I own one of them, and one of the 4.5-18 versions as well. Dead on tracking, zero stop, 10 mil/.rev, locking windage. Really nice glass in them too. He has them for $699, if you go to Euro Optic or Optics Planet they are selling them for $1300.

He also has the FDE version same price.

Comment

Also what reticle is best for long range?

MIL

MOA

For most people MOA is easier to do the math but you typically dial less turns with MIL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              For most people MOA is easier to do the math but you typically dial less turns with MIL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              If your doing "math" in long range shooting your doing something wrong. You should NOT be converting your angular measuments to linear distance no point.

I guess if your doing range estimation with the reticle then sure, but that is HIGHLY inaccurate most of the time especially with newer shooter..

To the OP... It truly doesn't matter they do the same thing, that said. If you want to do comps, I would suggest MIL, it's more universally spoken. Just make sure your reticle and turrets match and pick a reticle your eye likes... That Says Stick1 calls me a communist every time. I pull out my scope haha

Like I said B4 that 3-15 swfa is BULLETPROOF and punches way above it's price range. With shimms you can add a zero stop as well

Edit... AVOID BDC RETICLES... They aren't accurate and do badly what a real moa or mil reticle do well
                              Last edited by catslayer; 09-06-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Any benefit to the lighted reticle?

Ive never looked through a nicer glass like these with lighted reticle.

The cheaper scopes with them I’m not a fan of

Who likes them and hates them?
                                The athlon ETR has the best light I've seen, no bleed at all... That said... I don't really see the point, I never use it

Comment

Working...
                                X