No announcement yet.

Sub MOA stock 7mag under $800 Audad/Devils River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka seems pretty light for a 7mag, but would be great to carry in that terrain. Never shot one, but I know a lot of people swear by them. Need to go put my hands on a few of these and just see how they feel. Last time I looked at Tikka, I remember thinking the stock felt cheap and lite.
    Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 08-19-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Just bought a weatherby Vanguard badlands 7mm rem mag. Feels great in the hands and is light. Not sure how it shoots yet as waiting on scope to get in. It was $650 new.

Comment

Go with the wood stock on the Tikka and a limbsaver recoil pad. I would not want a plastic stock on a rifle. Im sure some are good but I'm a little old school when it comes to such things.

Comment

[quote=Lone_Wolf;14313110]
          Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          This. Savage 10 and 16 lines or even the 12 line. If not just upgrade scope on a rifle you already have.

*tip: aoudad vitals are further forward than what people realize, behind the shoulder is only going to clip back of lungs[/quote

They have that new stock on the Savages that has all that plastic. I think the 16 comes in a stainless with a synthetic stock. Honestly have know Idea whats the difference between the models.
          I have a 114 classic stainless in 7 mag and I love it. If I was going to buy another I would buy the 116. The new 10’s have customizable stocks to fit you as a shooter better. Most the new models are going to come already bedded with their accustock.

Comment

I have an extra rifle, Remington 700 SPS in 7Mag that I can swear has been shot 8 times. (7 sighting in and 1 on an elk)

Was in Colo in 2013 and invited on a elk hunt. I didn't have a rifle and bought this in Colo Springs. Serial # is S6694449. Zero issues and been in the case since. (I already have a 7Mag, which is why I knew what I wanted to use on the hunt). Located in Sugar Land.

$625 w/rings

PM me if you want pics.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
              I have an extra rifle, Remington 700 SPS in 7Mag that I can swear has been shot 8 times. (7 sighting in and 1 on an elk)

Was in Colo in 2013 and invited on a elk hunt. I didn't have a rifle and bought this in Colo Springs. Serial # is S6694449. Zero issues and been in the case since. (I already have a 7Mag, which is why I knew what I wanted to use on the hunt). Located in Sugar Land.

$625 w/rings

PM me if you want pics.
              Thanks but I'll pass.

Comment

Check out the Remington Long Range. I acquired one in 300 RUM in a trade a few years ago. Will flat out shoot and not to pricey. All i did was replace the trigger.

Comment

TC Encore with the Bergara barrel.

I have one in 300wm and it fits the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                    Headed back to Devils River on the TPWD draw hunt with my brother. I was lucky enough to take a young ram when I was drawn the first time. Been told we’re pretty lucky for getting drawn twice in 10 years. Missed a ram of a Lifetime on that last hunt and it’s stuck with me. I was using a borrowed 7mm rem mag and absolutely loved that rifle. Rem 700. Right now I’m looking at getting a Bergara B-14 Hunter. Shots will likely be under 300 yds. I don’t reload, and am pretty set on the caliber. Hunt is in January. I know the savage rifles are accurate, but they’ve always seemed cheap to me. I have a Weatherby Vanguard S2 308 that I like, and they seem good quality. I have an older browning Abolt Varmint Stalker in 22-250 that is an absolute tack driver. My dad has savage 6.5 Creedmoor that he bought from wal-mart for $299 that will clover leaf, so I know accurate rifles can be had with out spending a fortune and going custom. Looking for opinions on makes and models other then the Bergara. I’ve always wanted a 7 mag so pretty set on caliber. Thanks in advance. Have hears about some feed issues and primer cratering on the Bergaras. Don’t know if this is just rare isolated stuff; I don’t want to have to worry about that kind of thing.
                    Congrats on the draw. I don't have anything to add except light weight is your friend on that hunt. How many pref points did you have in the exotic category? I have 5 and that Devils River exotic hunt I the one I want the most. No luck this year for me.

Comment

We had 9.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                        Go with the wood stock on the Tikka and a limbsaver recoil pad. I would not want a plastic stock on a rifle. Im sure some are good but I'm a little old school when it comes to such things.
                        Looked at some today at lunch. I really liked the Bergara B14 Hunter, the Savage 110 they had with the new accustock was actually pretty nice and shouldered really well. The Tikka just has a cheap feeling synthetic stock that I couldn’t get past, really liked the action. Would like to get my hands on a Tikka T3x Forest, coming right in at 7 lbs I’m betting it would would be a lot closer to what I’m looking for. Honestly prefer a synthetic stock, not sure why they put such a crummy stock on the Tikkas, guess there trying to hit a price point.

Comment

Working...
                        X