No announcement yet.

Ever retire a gun..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad's 7mag he traded for a horse and a horse trailer back in the 70s...

Shot many of animals with it. Decided to put it away about 5 years ago. It won't get shot again until I hand it down to the next generation.

Comment

Grandpas double barrel 16 ga. Only engraving on it is King Nitro on both sides of receiver. He bought it for $10 in 1930 before my father was born. My brother has a .22 pump that is the same age.

Comment

It’s nice to hear so many memories....

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
          Grandpas double barrel 16 ga. Only engraving on it is King Nitro on both sides of receiver. He bought it for $10 in 1930 before my father was born. My brother has a .22 pump that is the same age.
          King Nitro was a trade name used on double barrel shotguns made by J. Stevens Arms Company for Sharpleigh Hardware Company of St. Louis Mo. in the period 1914-1929.

Here’s some info I found on the shotgun....

Comment

My Dad's Ruger 270 will be retired this year after I kill a deer with it. Whichever of my grandsons hasn't been to prison by the time I get too old or fragile to hunt will get it.

Comment

Thank you!!

Originally posted by Keg View Post
              King Nitro was a trade name used on double barrel shotguns made by J. Stevens Arms Company for Sharpleigh Hardware Company of St. Louis Mo. in the period 1914-1929.

Here’s some info I found on the shotgun....
              I really appreciate it!

Comment

"Zulu rifle". Father got it from his Grandfather. Supposedly a late 19th century 72 caliber military rifle originally. Many were converted to 12 ga as this one is. No markings at all. Father said he shot it once and that was enough. Was given to me 30 yrs ago and I haven't shot it. It barely fits in the safe. Will hand it on down soon.

Comment

I have two that were retired years ago. I recently got them at my brother's passing, sadly. They had belonged to our grandfather. One is a double barrel 32 gauge (ammo no longer available). The other is a 38 Smith & Wesson revolver. I have ammo for it, but the cylinder wobbles around too much for me to trust firing it. They are both very special to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X