Gotta love handloading!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
    I hear ya, I load for a 45-110 and couldn’t think about buying loaded rounds.
    My rifle is currently on the assembly line at Shiloh. Talked to Lucinda the other day and she said my walnut is on the sanding floor. Should have it in my hands mid August to September. Cannot wait. Gonna use these 560’s to hunt with this deer season. What bullet are you shooting out of that 110?

Comment

I began reloading when I got a .44mag. $.80 each for the cheapest ammo at Walmart. I can load them with coated bullets for under $.20 most of the time. Got a Square Deal B setup for .44 mag. Got a 650xl setup for .45acp, and a couple other calibers when needed. Lee classic turret and a single stage for precision rifle.

Have not saved any money for some reason though. If I amortize the equipment for 30 years maybe. But I have lots of ammo, most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
        I began reloading when I got a .44mag. $.80 each for the cheapest ammo at Walmart. I can load them with coated bullets for under $.20 most of the time. Got a Square Deal B setup for .44 mag. Got a 650xl setup for .45acp, and a couple other calibers when needed. Lee classic turret and a single stage for precision rifle.

Have not saved any money for some reason though. If I amortize the equipment for 30 years maybe. But I have lots of ammo, most of the time.
        Generally most do not save money reloading, they just shoot more. Some exceptions have been mentioned though, wild cats, old cartridges and limited run ammo. One huge benifit though is customizing loads to your gun and you control the components and how they are assembled.

Loading paper patch bullets at first was an exercise in frustration but once you have it down it is not that bad

Comment

Working...
        X