Gun safe recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun safe recomendations

I am in need of a gun safe, I bought a browning fmj Friday, got the 470 pound thing unloaded with me and the wife and set up, combo changed, got in and out of it all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. put my carry pistol in it today because we were taking the girls to the water park and forgot to put my work laptop in it. went to open it and nothing! the keypad made noise that I was entering the correct combo but nothing, called Browning.. guy told me how to override the combo and reset to factory... kind of made me wonder how he knew I was even the owner but oh well I tried it and nothing, they called a tech and the tech sent me the same instructions on how to reset the keypad to whatever combo I wanted as well as... and I aint making this up, how to take the keypad off and beat the lock with a screwdriver till it opens. needless to say I am in the market for a new safe... any recommendations?

AMSEC B&F series...get the S&G dial that is offered.

Comment

I like Browning safes. I have a "Platinum", it has a Dial lock, weighs 1500 lbs. Shopped around when I bought it, it had the best wall thickness and fire protection for the money, the only ones that equaled it were a lot more expensive. Bought it from Ables in Huntsville.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        While I wish I could afford one of those that's out of my budget unless I was looking at the wrong thing, the cheapest ones start out at 3500 dollars.

Comment

compared to those 2 safes listed I recon I am looking for a nice security cabinet hahahaha

Comment

I had a Cannon 48 gun safe that served me well for several years before I had my custom safe built.

Comment

Recently purchased an Amsec "FV" series from Carter's. I've been happy with it so far. Good quality and the price was reasonable. I wasn't necessary worried about fire rating, if you are they make one step up that uses concrete instead of drywall.

Kinda crazy that you can just override the lock and reset the code. Makes me wonder how common that is on digital locks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanm View Post
                Recently purchased an Amsec "FV" series from Carter's. I've been happy with it so far. Good quality and the price was reasonable. I wasn't necessary worried about fire rating, if you are they make one step up that uses concrete instead of drywall.

Kinda crazy that you can just override the lock and reset the code. Makes me wonder how common that is on digital locks.
                I know! but the worst part for me was the fact that they just emailed the directions on how to do it to me

Comment

Get a locksmith to install the S & G dial combo on it.

Comment

I just grabbed a Rhino Ironworks 72x42 and am pretty happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a Liberty Fatboy 64 gun safe with a dial combination about 5 years ago and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I'm not a fan of the electronic locks. I hear people all the time saying "I can get into a digital safe a lot faster". If you're depending on getting into your gun safe for home defense, I've got some sad news for you....

The only thing about gun safes, get one a lot bigger than you think you need!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                        Got a Liberty Fatboy 64 gun safe with a dial combination about 5 years ago and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I'm not a fan of the electronic locks. I hear people all the time saying "I can get into a digital safe a lot faster". If you're depending on getting into your gun safe for home defense, I've got some sad news for you....

The only thing about gun safes, get one a lot bigger than you think you need!!

On the money here. I got the same safe and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by dallascowboys View Post
                          I am in need of a gun safe, I bought a browning fmj Friday, got the 470 pound thing unloaded with me and the wife and set up, combo changed, got in and out of it all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. put my carry pistol in it today because we were taking the girls to the water park and forgot to put my work laptop in it. went to open it and nothing! the keypad made noise that I was entering the correct combo but nothing, called Browning.. guy told me how to override the combo and reset to factory... kind of made me wonder how he knew I was even the owner but oh well I tried it and nothing, they called a tech and the tech sent me the same instructions on how to reset the keypad to whatever combo I wanted as well as... and I aint making this up, how to take the keypad off and beat the lock with a screwdriver till it opens. needless to say I am in the market for a new safe... any recommendations?
                          Where are you located? There are a few safe dealers here on TBH.

Todd

Comment

Liberty fatboy 64

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              This is the safe you seek

Comment

Working...
                              X