No announcement yet.

Digital scale/dispenser reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have to check out these inserts y’all are talking about. I have been using a straw since I got my Chargemaster.

Comment

I have a chargemaster lite. Love it. No tricks needed. Loading 6.5MB with H4350, when it finishes a charge, I replace the pan with another (I have two that weight exactly the same) and by the time I finish dumping, seating and crimping on the turret press the next charge is ready to go. I don’t even use a loading tray most of the time any more. I have all the primed cases ready to go in a bag and they come out of the press and into the ammo box.

Comment

really what you are expecting for accuracy dictates what can serve your needs best.

If you are looking for the utmost accuracy like say F-Class shooters or long range shooting and tiny groups provided you have the gun to do it then things like a good balance beam scale or something like the Auto Trickler will serve very well.

If you are like many people and shoot inside 300 yards and with rifles and skill set of shooter to shoot around MOA or a bit over then the Chargemaster will work just fine for your needs.

Part of the reason I have not gone with an Auto Trickler is I rarely ever shoot past 300 yards any more and it doesn't take long for me to through a charge on the Chargemaster a few tenths low and trickle using the balance beam scale to get very tight tolerance ond for my most accurate rifles ES of 12fps and often single digit ES. With carefully constructed hand loads I am sure my setups are more accurate than I can be these days

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
          I've got the A&D FX 120i with auto trickler with all the area 419 upgrades. Just installed the V3 electronics which gives it ability to be controlled from bluetooth phone. I've got 2 RCBS Chargemasters that have set pretty much unused since buying it. For speed and accuracy (0.02 grains) only the Prometheus (0.009 grains) is in same league and it's $5000 to own one of them. $3500 for 10 year lease.

https://www.autotrickler.com/autotrickler.html
          That price is...wow.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
            That price is...wow.
            Price actually increased from that.
            http://prometheustoolcorp.com/pricing

Comment

So, I am a little confused by the comments saying if you want better accuracy use a beam scale etc. I have been using the Chargemaster combo for a number of years and if I dial in 23.7 grains of X powder as an example, 23.7 grains is what it throws. If it throws and little over or a little under (and all that depends on the powder I am using) on a certain load, I either pour a little back in the hopper and trickle it up to 23.7, or just trickle it up to that amount if needed.

If I balance my scale, zero out my pan, then whatever grain amount I dial in is what it throws. And, I balance my scale every time I use it. How can you get any more accurate than that?

When I first got it I did compare some throws against the beam scale I had used for years and it was right on. Maybe I am missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                So, I am a little confused by the comments saying if you want better accuracy use a beam scale etc. I have been using the Chargemaster combo for a number of years and if I dial in 23.7 grains of X powder as an example, 23.7 grains is what it throws. If it throws and little over or a little under (and all that depends on the powder I am using) on a certain load, I either pour a little back in the hopper and trickle it up to 23.7, or just trickle it up to that amount if needed.

If I balance my scale, zero out my pan, then whatever grain amount I dial in is what it throws. And, I balance my scale every time I use it. How can you get any more accurate than that?

When I first got it I did compare some throws against the beam scale I had used for years and it was right on. Maybe I am missing something?
                Most folks will never notice an issue, but it is not uncommon for the chargemaster scales to wonder a bit. Some do it right out of the gate, some start doing it after years of use and some never do at all. The last group is pretty rare. You're not going to see it unless you are looking for it when it happens, as the scale will read exactly what it should be reading each time. The only way to catch it is by spot checking with another scale. We tend to see it more often during longer loading sessions, so spot checking every 5 rounds or so tends to catch it when it's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                  Most folks will never notice an issue, but it is not uncommon for the chargemaster scales to wonder a bit. Some do it right out of the gate, some start doing it after years of use and some never do at all. The last group is pretty rare. You're not going to see it unless you are looking for it when it happens, as the scale will read exactly what it should be reading each time. The only way to catch it is by spot checking with another scale. We tend to see it more often during longer loading sessions, so spot checking every 5 rounds or so tends to catch it when it's happening.
                  Agree most will never notice an issue with the Chargemaster, As far as accuracy there is the drift and another thing is the scale is +/- .1 grain which is a small amount granted but you can easily greatly improve that with a good balance beam and trickler

Comment

This thing blew my mind. The Prometheus:
                    [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DXrX4-ogxMo"]Prometheus II: Speed meets precision. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                    X