• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rem oil...

Comment

Mobil one and ATF. 4 to 1.....

Comment

Through the years I've used almost everything. They all work.

WD40 in an aerosol can is good for cleaning hard to reach spots but then I like to dry with compressed air and add a drop of oil.

Lately I'm using mostly Break Free for cleaning and lubricating. Mainly because I clean my guns in the house and it doesn't have a strong odor that make my wife complain.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t remember his name but there was an old gunsmith in Brenham that told me he wouldn’t put rem oil on his worst enemy [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            Can’t remember his name but there was an old gunsmith in Brenham that told me he wouldn’t put rem oil on his worst enemy [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            It has teflon or something of the like & that turns some folks off for some reason...I've still got some left & will use it for wiping down till it's gone but see no reason to buy more as I think the others are better. Not like it's going to hurt the finish.

Comment

I use Royal purple synfilm for most everything.

Comment

I use bore butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  Old gun smith showed me Marvel Mystery oil 40 years ago. Still using it...........
                  Marvel's Mystery oil is awesome stuff...never thought about using it on my firearms.
                  I use Royal Purple gun oil

Comment

Wipe Out bore cleaner and M Pro7 fan here

Comment

Ive done CLP for years, just recently started using just simple mineral oil.. works great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
                        Break Free CLP or Corrosion X (bottle, not can).
                        That Break Free stuff, is the most amazing rust eater, penetrating oil. I have never used it for oiling a gun, but I have used it to unseize many old rusted up tools over the years. I have found old pliers that had been buried in the yard, since before I lived at that house. They were rusted up solid, I could not get them to move at all, I sprayed Break Free on them, within a couple of minutes they were freed up and working great. I love that stuff for rust.

Comment

I usually use Rem oil, because it's what I can find, when I go to Academy or Wal-Mart. It works very well. I also have some of the Lucas gun oil, I have used it also. It seems to work pretty good. I have also used sewing machine oil, both my grandfather who was a machinist and a gun smith, then a gun smith fried of the family, told me sewing machine oil worked great for guns. I have used Hoppes gun oil, year ago, but I have not seen it in a long time, just their solvent.

I have to admit, I like the Lucas gun oil because of the thin needle that the bottle has, makes it easy to get oil where you want it, in the gun.

Comment

I’m experimenting with Micro-Mist and really liking it so far. In regards to Rem oil, I encourage everyone to spray down your gun and set it in the sun for an hour. It will be bone dry and that is unacceptable for any working gun.

Comment

Unlike others here, I like WD-40 for cleaning up the gunk and removing rust. Rem oil is what I use for moving parts and for storage, a light coat of furniture wax on the finish. Especially for older, rust prone firearms.

Comment

While Hoppe's #9 is a really good solvent, I'm a big believer in CLP myself. I think it does as good of a job as most solvents and cleaners as removing fouling, but it also lubricates the firearm very well.
                                For what it's worth, this is the stuff I use:
                                Here’s what you need to build a universal gun cleaning kit that will enable you to keep your handguns, rifles, and shotguns in pristine condition for many years.

Comment

Working...
                                X