Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys with the 6.5 PRC's what speeds are you seeing? And with what bullet.

Comment

Well, the cold bore round is 2874-2876 every time. Then the 2nd shot is 2942-2948 every time for 4 rounds. Then jumps to 2960-2968 EVERY TIME.

Strange, but very consistent. This is with 82 rounds through it so far.

54 grains rl-26 ,147 ELD-M(it doesnt shoot the 140's as well)at book length. .402" at 100 yds, .700" at 300yds.

Comment

Just picked up my tier 1 in 300 WM. This stick looks and feels amazing. Huge thanks to Robert for putting together such a great package! Can wait to get scope mounted up and rounds down range. Any body have any luck with Hornady Precision Hunter ELD-X in 300 WM 200 grain? Looking for a out of box load for CO upcoming elk season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkinking12 View Post
          Just picked up my tier 1 in 300 WM. This stick looks and feels amazing. Huge thanks to Robert for putting together such a great package! Can wait to get scope mounted up and rounds down range. Any body have any luck with Hornady Precision Hunter ELD-X in 300 WM 200 grain? Looking for a out of box load for CO upcoming elk season.
          I'd opt for the Berger ammo with the 215 hybrids for elk.

Comment

Hi guys. Goofy question.

I mounted a Swarovski Z5 2.4-12x50 on a Tier 1 (Proof Research carbon barrel) using the 20 attached rail. When looking through the scope, I see the barrel. The rings used were Weaver Grand Slams (high). While this may not be the place I thought I’d throw out the question - any thoughts on which rings to use?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Make sure the ring bases are seated properly in the rail. Common problem. Ask me how I know!

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                Make sure the ring bases are seated properly in the rail. Common problem. Ask me how I know!
                Yes I would agree with you here. But either way you should be able to get that scope to mount fine with lower rings especially on top of that rail.

I have a longer gun with a 24" barrel and Swaro Z6 3-18 x 50 in medium Talley lights and I will see the suppressor on 3-5 power. Do you only see it on low power?

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
                  You guys with the 6.5 PRC's what speeds are you seeing? And with what bullet.
                  143 ELD-X, 56.6gr H1000, 5 shot avg. 2972.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bwhit View Post
                    Yes I would agree with you here. But either way you should be able to get that scope to mount fine with lower rings especially on top of that rail.

I have a longer gun with a 24" barrel and Swaro Z6 3-18 x 50 in medium Talley lights and I will see the suppressor on 3-5 power. Do you only see it on low power?

Interesting point - I will check different powers tonight and see if magnification makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by mikew14 View Post
                      143 ELD-X, 56.6gr H1000, 5 shot avg. 2972.
                      looking good !!!

Comment

If anyone is interested I’m Selling my atlas bipod from previous photos on here.
                        220$ in north houston or 230$ shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          If anyone is interested I’m Selling my atlas bipod from previous photos on here.
                          220$ in north houston or 230$ shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GyrPer1 View Post
                            Hi guys. Goofy question.

I mounted a Swarovski Z5 2.4-12x50 on a Tier 1 (Proof Research carbon barrel) using the 20 attached rail. When looking through the scope, I see the barrel. The rings used were Weaver Grand Slams (high). While this may not be the place I thought I’d throw out the question - any thoughts on which rings to use?

Thanks in advance!
                            As mentioned earlier, fairly common on scopes going below 4X or so. I'd bet its gone by 5X. It is distracting, but it won't usually be an issue during actual use.

Comment

Got my bullets on paper, made my necessary adjustments and then proceeded to shoot this 3 shot group at 100. Not a bad first group with the new stick. Tier 1, 6.5cm, 143 ELD-X.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                                Well, the cold bore round is 2874-2876 every time. Then the 2nd shot is 2942-2948 every time for 4 rounds. Then jumps to 2960-2968 EVERY TIME.

Strange, but very consistent. This is with 82 rounds through it so far.

54 grains rl-26 ,147 ELD-M(it doesnt shoot the 140's as well)at book length. .402" at 100 yds, .700" at 300yds.
                                Thanks for the info. Just trying to see if what I'm seeing is right.. Or if my Magnetospeed is off

Comment

Working...
                                X