Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today was a great day! Went out and put the first rounds through our 2 300wm's. Man are they shooters! They were sighted in at 100 in in just few shots. The groups were about as good as I can shoot as I hadnt been out in a while. A few 3-5 shot groups there and then Quickly stretched them out to 600 without any issues. Hopefully go out to our othet range in a day or 2 and try 1000+. I couldnt be more pleased! The boys at APR sure build some great rifles! Oh yeah, to top it all off on my way out to the range I got a phone call.... Our 2 6.5prc's are done! Cant wait to get them out!

Heres a couple pics of the targets... Forgot to take anymore. I'm not very good about that... The 2 errant shots were the first shots at 100 from each rifle after 2 lucky boresight jobs.

Both rifles are tier 1 300wm. 26in only upgrade was hellfire brake. 5-25×56 leupold mark5 MOA. Shooting factory Berger 215. Both are shooting an average around 2910 but figure to pick up some speed after some more break in.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
      Today was a great day! Went out and put the first rounds through our 2 300wm's. Man are they shooters! They were sighted in at 100 in in just few shots. The groups were about as good as I can shoot as I hadnt been out in a while. A few 3-5 shot groups there and then Quickly stretched them out to 600 without any issues. Hopefully go out to our othet range in a day or 2 and try 1000+. I couldnt be more pleased! The boys at APR sure build some great rifles! Oh yeah, to top it all off on my way out to the range I got a phone call.... Our 2 6.5prc's are done! Cant wait to get them out!

Heres a couple pics of the targets... Forgot to take anymore. I'm not very good about that... The 2 errant shots were the first shots at 100 from each rifle after 2 lucky boresight jobs.

Both rifles are tier 1 300wm. 26in only upgrade was hellfire brake. 5-25×56 leupold mark5 MOA. Shooting factory Berger 215. Both are shooting an average around 2910 but figure to pick up some speed after some more break in.

Congrats man. 300WM and 215 Berger is an amazing match.

Lucky on the 6.5 PRC, I'm still waiting.

Comment

very nice!!!, Get some better targets, thicker board, easier to measure groups. I'd say you are ready to kill some big stuff !!!!!!

Comment

Hey !!!!!!!!!

are you guys doing any barrel break in procedure? I shot 13 rounds my first time out. used Patch Out once during this.
          When I got home, I filled barrel with Wipe-Out bore foam, let it sit over night, cleaned out next morning, didn't show any copper, very happy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is a 24", Proof Carbon barrel, .22 Creedmoor

Just interested, I forgot to ask Robert his thoughts on this with the Proof. Personally , this is how I clean, pretty much after every range session. I believe these custom barrels dont need the old "shoot 1 clean" every round, etc.

Of course, I will leave dirty till after Hunting season,

Comment

OSU, what bipod are you running.

Looks good!

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes the targets are cheap. And the board backing isnt overly thick. I guess I'm not the guy who really cares to measure groups like that. Not saying I dont at times and wouldnt be cool to see what these are really doing. Today was more get it on at 100 and start the break in process. We are more into banging steel, shooting rocks and hunting.

My break in process is shoot it... Lol I also don't clean my guns. I believe good barrels and good ammo and its not needed. Just my opinion. Maybe not a good one... Haha but after the first 20 rounds down each and they still look spotless. Most of my guns dont like being cleaned. Some wont shoot unless they've been fowled with 20+ rounds.

That's an Atlas bipod. I like them.

Comment

You guys who have gotten your 6.5 prc's, are they liking the eldx? Or the eldm? Or both? I know the m's for the most part produce a bit tighter group but hoping the x do fairly well. I have Some of both in the safe awaiting the rifles. I originally was planning on only running the m's as I prefer match bullets but ive heard of some horror stories when it comes to the m's on animals inside 500. This has led me to start considering the x's alot more as it will probably be a 600yd and in rifle when it comes to hunting. I like 30cal or bigger for anything farther.

Comment

Originally posted by GyrPer1 View Post
                  OSU, what bipod are you running.

Looks good!
                  Atlas BT10

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
                    You guys who have gotten your 6.5 prc's, are they liking the eldx? Or the eldm? Or both? I know the m's for the most part produce a bit tighter group but hoping the x do fairly well. I have Some of both in the safe awaiting the rifles. I originally was planning on only running the m's as I prefer match bullets but ive heard of some horror stories when it comes to the m's on animals inside 500. This has led me to start considering the x's alot more as it will probably be a 600yd and in rifle when it comes to hunting. I like 30cal or bigger for anything farther.
                    My son shoots 123 eld m's in a grendel . They have worked perfect every time. Same with my wifes creedmor . If they shoot well for you, I would use them without concern.

Comment

Sweetness!

My 7mag came in yesterday so I mocked it up and took her outside for some pics
                      24" Proof 7mag barrel 1/8 twist
                      NF Ultralite 1" height 34mm rings
                      Leupold VX6-HD 4-24x52
                      Triggertech Diamond adjusted down to 12oz.
                      Atlas bipod
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you on bipod Intel. Thinking about making a change from Harris. Waffling.

Comment

Same one I have and I like it
                          Pricey though

Comment

Take a look at Warne..

Comment

Thanks for the bipod Intel, will also look at Warne.

Got the call today - Tier 1 6.5 PRC.

Woo Hoo!!!

Comment

The Atlas CAL is worth looking at for those looking to move away from the Harris.

Comment

Working...
                                X