Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I bought dies from Accurate Arms.com, They sell the Redding custom. They will probably be out but you can order. Great folks to deal with.
    Brass, I have Hornady Back-ordered at Midway but I bought some Alpha Small primer from Aplha Muntions, they are out too but should have some this Month.

I'll holler back when they have some, I check every day

Didn’t know Redding made dies for them. I was thinking about back ordering the Hornady dies and brass. Haven’t made up my mind if I want to splurge on the whidden dies.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
      Didn’t know Redding made dies for them. I was thinking about back ordering the Hornady dies and brass. Haven’t made up my mind if I want to splurge on the whidden dies.
      If you need brass I have some oncee fired I’ll sell. Pm if so

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
        If you need brass I have some oncee fired I’ll sell. Pm if so

I don’t need them yet since I probably won’t be getting the gun till April or so. If none comes available I may hit you up. Or maybe anyway if the price is good!
        You not loading?

Comment

I don’t need them yet since I probably won’t be getting the gun till April or so. If none comes available I may hit you up. Or maybe anyway if the price is good!
          You not loading?
          Dang April? I thought Robert said June? It be sweet if it was April for sure! I purchased the Whidden dies the sizer is great quality but wasn’t impressed with the aluminum seater at all. Has some slop to it when I screw it into any of my presses. And I feel like the stem should be spring loaded but it’s not. It definitely does the job but a Redding seater is more my style. But had I known seater was aluminum I wouldn’t have purchased them to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
            Dang April? I thought Robert said June? It be sweet if it was April for sure! I purchased the Whidden dies the sizer is great quality but wasn’t impressed with the aluminum seater at all. Has some slop to it when I screw it into any of my presses. And I feel like the stem should be spring loaded but it’s not. It definitely does the job but a Redding seater is more my style. But had I known seater was aluminum I wouldn’t have purchased them to be honest.
            Yeah it should be more along the May/June time frame with the spike in orders that occurred at the end

Comment

[QUOTE=keatonskidmore;14033865]I don’t need them yet since I probably won’t be getting the gun till April or so. If none comes available I may hit you up. Or maybe anyway if the price is good!
              You not loading ?

They’ll be cheap. And yes I am but have plenty to spare.

Comment

Keaton I got back into reloading. Got my .22 creed dies from Accurate Arms.com (Redding)as Buzz suggested. Alpha Munitions will e-mail me when the brass is in stock, I'll let you know.
                Last edited by gfulton; 03-07-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                  Yeah my bad, I couldn't remember which date it was since the threads have had so much in them. I thought I remembered him saying around April but I guess that was when they were going to use their barrels. Probably May-June. I also like being optimistic lol.

After doing more research on the Whidden dies it seems like they have a big QC issue. I'll likely go with Redding or maybe try the hornady dies when they're available.

Comment

[quote=hoyt21;14034388]
                    You not loading ?

They’ll be cheap. And yes I am but have plenty to spare.
                    Thank you! I'll let you know if I end up needing them.

That's a nice cat in your photo, did you hunt the cat hunt last weekend?

Comment

If you end up with hornady match grade dies, don't make my mistake. They require a neck bushing which is sold separately by size. It allows you to size to your preferred neck tension...........
                      I didn't know it at the time and didn't order it with my dies!

Comment

[quote=keatonskidmore;14034653]
                        Thank you! I'll let you know if I end up needing them.

That's a nice cat in your photo, did you hunt the cat hunt last weekend?

No sir to far south for it. And personally just enjoy it in my leisure. I look at hunting contests as whipping out one of your places for a few hundred bucks. Compared to the few days I get to go and just enjoy it if you get my gist.

Comment

[quote=hoyt21;14034961]

No sir to far south for it. And personally just enjoy it in my leisure. I look at hunting contests as whipping out one of your places for a few hundred bucks. Compared to the few days I get to go and just enjoy it if you get my gist.
                          Well $44k is a little more than few hundred bucks lol

Comment

[quote=bphillips;14035341]

Well $44k is a little more than few hundred bucks lol
                            Lol shooting a 35# cat down here is slim pickings. I’ve got a few 28-30# cats but nothing that exceeds thatv

Comment

[quote=hoyt21;14034961]

I understand. We don’t make it al about contests but use the contests as an excuse to go more and a way to get a little money back from how much we all spend on equipment. I still hunt for fun all the time.

Comment

[quote=hoyt21;14035354]
                                Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Lol shooting a 35# cat down here is slim pickings. I’ve got a few 28-30# cats but nothing that exceeds thatv

30 would have got you in the money on last weekends hunt.
                                Where you hunting at? I’ve hunted Del Rio a few times and out of the 8 cats we killed one night 3 were in the 26-27 pound range and the rest were in the 18-22 pound range. Called in 13 cats total on one ranch. Lots of cats but not many really big ones.
                                Ridiculous amount of foxes lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X