Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
    Well, here is the official recap as promised. Interesting numbers to say the least. The top 5 cartridges accounted for about 75% of the total builds ordered this time! 10 other cartridges made up the remaining 25%. There were a total of 98 orders placed.

Top 5:
    #1 - 6.5 PRC @ 27.5%
    #2 - 300 Win Mag @ 14.25%
    #3 - 6.5 CM @ 13.25%
    #4 - 7-08 @ 10.25%
    #5 - 28 Nosler @ 9.25%

Lessons learned this time so far - Put a hard cap on quantities! Haha. While we greatly appreciate the opportunity to do this and for each and every person who participated in it, we will probably cap it at 50 next go round and only keep it open for a week.

Our intention with this has always been to give our TBH community the "friends and family deal" as a way to say thanks for all of your support over the past few years, but this year it started feeling a little different towards the end. It became pretty obvious that folks started joining the site just to take advantage of the deal.......which I don't think is fair to the site. Hopefully most of those folks will stick around and become regular contributors and get to know this place, know us and how different it really is from all of the other forums. I think leaving it open for 3 weeks contributed to that by giving it time to leak out on to all of the other sites and it kind of snowballed from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about any of it - I just don't want to lose the spirit of what this thing is about and who it is intended to serve.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this year's TBH special! Hope you guys flood this forum and our FB page with LDP's and tiny groups when these builds start to deliver in a few months.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Alamo Precision Rifles
    Great update and thank you once again sir!
    I figured people off the site would jump on this unfortunately hence why I asked about a cap last time I was in the shop.

I’m already excited for next years build!

Comment

I think the numbers are down here because so many built them last year. Trust me when I say that our CM numbers coming from everywhere else have not slowed down even a little bit. I think they are actually growing! I'm kind of surprised there were so few 6mm in the mix this year.
      I figured the 6 creed would have been on the top 5 list with a build like this.

I'm a new member here also and really appreciate the opportunity to get a custom rifle of this caliber for such a great deal!

Comment

I think the 6.5 PRC guys are going to be happy on this one. We just got back from an aoudad trip and used it on 6 critters. I checked the rifle when we got there on a white spot about the size of a brick on a cliff face at a lazered 1,104 yards. First shot hit the spot. Second confirmation shot was right there with it. Factory ammo = easy button! That said, just like the CM there was a significant difference between lots. Some lots are much better than others, but they all seem to be pretty decent.
        We’re you shooting the 143s or the 147s? I have heard good things on the 147 eld-m.

Comment

Well, here is the official recap as promised. Interesting numbers to say the least. The top 5 cartridges accounted for about 75% of the total builds ordered this time! 10 other cartridges made up the remaining 25%. There were a total of 98 orders placed.

Top 5:
          #1 - 6.5 PRC @ 27.5%
          #2 - 300 Win Mag @ 14.25%
          #3 - 6.5 CM @ 13.25%
          #4 - 7-08 @ 10.25%
          #5 - 28 Nosler @ 9.25%

Lessons learned this time so far - Put a hard cap on quantities! Haha. While we greatly appreciate the opportunity to do this and for each and every person who participated in it, we will probably cap it at 50 next go round and only keep it open for a week.

Our intention with this has always been to give our TBH community the "friends and family deal" as a way to say thanks for all of your support over the past few years, but this year it started feeling a little different towards the end. It became pretty obvious that folks started joining the site just to take advantage of the deal.......which I don't think is fair to the site. Hopefully most of those folks will stick around and become regular contributors and get to know this place, know us and how different it really is from all of the other forums. I think leaving it open for 3 weeks contributed to that by giving it time to leak out on to all of the other sites and it kind of snowballed from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about any of it - I just don't want to lose the spirit of what this thing is about and who it is intended to serve.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this year's TBH special! Hope you guys flood this forum and our FB page with LDP's and tiny groups when these builds start to deliver in a few months.

Thanks,
          Robert
          Alamo Precision Rifles
          Thank-you for the great opportunity at this build and thanks to the whole team at Alamo precision. I’m very thrilled about this unit. Although I’ve only got 2rifles from you guys it’s enough to know the quality of workmanship and accurate rifles you guys build. I have a 22cm and a 308 you guys built and both are incredible shooters. Perhaps on the next builds the special should require at least a year membership or other types of requisites. And have long memberships have seniority ��

I saw several ppl making comments on social media about the “tbh special” so really it was members getting the word out. Some of them were right on the APR fb page.
          Last edited by Txarrowhunter; 02-19-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Well first custom rifle for me and first purchase from APR.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
              Thanks

Mine also, can't wait. I told my wife it was 700, hope she doesn't find out.

Comment

Just want to say a huge thanks to you Robert and everyone else up at APR. I know John (hope I got the name right, maybe Jason? Something with a J) probably got tired of answering all my questions. But everyone up there made it feel like I was the most important customer and it’s that kind of support that keeps people coming back. This was my first custom rifle, I kicked myself in the tail for not getting in on it last year but followed the thread as if I had a gun being built. I’m finally to a point in my life to be able to afford custom built rifles and it couldn’t have been anymore perfect with this build being my dream build.
                Thank you so much again and I can promise you’ll see tons of LDP and range photos and predator contest photos of my rifle. I plan on having at least one rifle on each TBH special from here on out. And I’m also planning another build between now and October. Most likely 28 nosler or 280 AI [emoji1303].

Comment

Thanks again Robert!
                  Cool to read the numbers.
                  Hope to meet you when I come pick it up!

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                    Just want to say a huge thanks to you Robert and everyone else up at APR. I know John (hope I got the name right, maybe Jason? Something with a J) probably got tired of answering all my questions. But everyone up there made it feel like I was the most important customer and it’s that kind of support that keeps people coming back. This was my first custom rifle, I kicked myself in the tail for not getting in on it last year but followed the thread as if I had a gun being built. I’m finally to a point in my life to be able to afford custom built rifles and it couldn’t have been anymore perfect with this build being my dream build.
                    Thank you so much again and I can promise you’ll see tons of LDP and range photos and predator contest photos of my rifle. I plan on having at least one rifle on each TBH special from here on out. And I’m also planning another build between now and October. Most likely 28 nosler or 280 AI [emoji1303].
                    Couldn’t have said it better! Thanks a bunch to Robert and the whole APR team for making this possible for us all.

Comment

I think the 6.5 PRC guys are going to be happy on this one. We just got back from an aoudad trip and used it on 6 critters. I checked the rifle when we got there on a white spot about the size of a brick on a cliff face at a lazered 1,104 yards. First shot hit the spot. Second confirmation shot was right there with it. Factory ammo = easy button! That said, just like the CM there was a significant difference between lots. Some lots are much better than others, but they all seem to be pretty decent.
                      Heck yea! I’m super pumped about trying the PRC.

Any LDPs?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                        Thanks
                        Same here. Anticipation is already setting in.

Comment

Thanks, Robert - this is awesome!

I ran with a 6.5 PRC but really waffled on rolling with the 280AI. Maybe next year!

When I placed my order your guys were more than professional - great group, great site, great buy!

Comment

I think it's cool that the 300 WM and the 7mm-08 are still hanging in there with the flavors of the week! Nothing against the new stuff, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                              I think it's cool that the 300 WM and the 7mm-08 are still hanging in there with the flavors of the week! Nothing against the new stuff, just saying.
                              I do too. Some stuff just flat out works.

Comment

I believe this endeavor is greatly appreciated by many folks here Robert, even those who did not get in on this build. I am sure that your customer base has grown significantly due to these TBH specials.

I struggled with cartridge selection on this one, and almost went with a second rifle in 6.5 PRC. I actually wish that I had now. Hopefully another build like the Tier 1 will be repeated in the future.

Thanks TBH and APR!

Comment

Working...
                                X