The best caliber!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrc View Post
    I have a box of original 1980's 55 grain accelerators.
    I used to have some of those. I threw them away when we moved. That was a mistake.

Comment

whichever one is in my hand at the time

Comment

I'm your Huckleberry

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        I have shells for a 7x57mm and cant find a single person to sell to or make a trade. Like said above, your plans for the gun will help determine which caliber would be best suited for your needs. With no other information, assuming you're just hunting Texas I would go with the 7mm-08
        Whatcha got?

To the OP, out of your original 4 choices, 30-06 get my vote.

Comment

By far the .30-06

Stated above load it up or down to suit your needs. Has the knock down to use for moose and big bears, can be loaded to shoot long range, can also be loaded down for whitetail without doing too much damage.

Comment

.30-06

Comment

I think we are forgetting the best round I have ever used, the .270 Winchester

Comment

For hunting in Texas, I would either choose a 7X57 Mauser or a 7mm-08. If hunting bigger game such as elk, then they 30-06 or the 8X57, if you want something different. I have shot all of those calibers, they will all work fine on most North American medium and big game, with the right ammo.

Comment

7mm-08

Comment

30-06. Its boring and everybody has one but you cant beat the versatility. From 110 gr to 220 gr bullets makes it the king. A 150 gr bullet at 2900-3000 fps bang flops just about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                      Unless you hacksaw the barrel off...
                      Nothing wrong with that as long as you can not jerk the trigger! 🤷🏻*♂️😂

Comment

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
                        Nothing wrong with that as long as you can not jerk the trigger! 🤷🏻*♂️😂
                        Haha! I just close my eyes, count to three, and hope for the best!

Comment

Pre WWI i'll go with the 6MM Lee Navy Lol

Comment

7-08... Extremely accurate with 162g ELDx and Varget out to 800 yards with low recoil.

Comment

odd 6....

Comment

The 30-06 would be my choice. Its one of the best all around calibers you can buy. Sight it in with 150 grain for small game like deer and hogs. Move all the way up to 220 grain for large game like moose if you want to. One of the calibers you can truly hunt anything in North America. One of the other great things is you can find ammo anywhere and I mean any place that sells ammo across the country will always have some 30-06 ammo. This caliber is also often over looked as a long range cartridge but is very effective out to 500 yds.

Comment

Working...
                                X