No announcement yet.

Help Me Pick A New Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hells canyon gets my vote, I’ve been eyeing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Weatherby vanguard First Lite. A lot of rifle for the money; fluted, threaded, great trigger and stock.

Comment

Remington 5r if I was buying a factory rifle in 300wm.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Savage shouldn’t scare you it’s a great gun. I’m also pretty fond of my x bolt

Comment

Originally posted by DirkDiggler View Post
            I have a tikka t3 that I really like in .308
            Ditto on Tikka’s, my new favorite rifle for the price.

Comment

Checkout the Tikka T3X Lite.

Comment

Bergara b14 HMR. I just bought one in 22-250 and it is a shooter!
                Doesn’t have a stainless barrel but stock is adjustable.

Comment

Might be a good option for you price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got a Bergara B14 Ridge. 7mm rem mag. Threaded. With a suppressor it’s a gem
                    To shoot. Found a quick factory ammo that did 1.5” at 200 yards. I’m confident it will shrink drastically with reloads. When I shot in the barrel expecting to have copper flakes and a green patch after cleaning with ammonia solvent to my surprise there was none. I have had other rifles take up to 50 shots to polish out. This one was perfect from the start

Only bad thing is I hunted for two days for nilgai on the coast and the barrel
                    Rusted in about four hours. I oiled and wiped it daily but it didn’t help. I have been checking it every couple days and re oiling and it’s getting better. Still disappointed it happened. Also the stock has some wear rash from my backpack. No big deal. This is a tool not a safe queen.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Savage could hold the title but you have to consider the whole horse face problem they can’t get past. Some owners are chewing off their arm after the kill.

What is this?

I keep seeing people bad mouth Savage, and call them ugly.

What exactly is it, that makes them so ugly?

I will admit, that Savage has really **** the bed, when they adopted that fugly stock that they slap on everything now. Whoever is responsible for that thing, needs to kick themselves in the taint.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                        What is this?

I keep seeing people bad mouth Savage, and call them ugly.

What exactly is it, that makes them so ugly?

I will admit, that Savage has really **** the bed, when they adopted that fugly stock that they slap on everything now. Whoever is responsible for that thing, needs to kick themselves in the taint.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                        The barrel nut is hideous

Comment

Sako check them out.

Comment

Hard to beat a Tikka for the price. Savage has a new one coming out called the High Country. It’s got a spiral fluted Bolt and spiral fluted barrel along with it being cerakoted. Comes in a wide variety of calibers and is threaded. I’m thinking about picking one up I’m 280AI. Will be available for aroumd $850

Comment

I have a question which is off track but why do so many people in Texas want a 300 mag??

Their is nothing in Texas that a 300 mag is needed to cleanly kill.

Comment

Hells Canyon. The Tikkas I like don't come in 300wm.

Comment

Working...
                                X