Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
    I have one question...

What is the difference between the LR and the Mag. Cylinder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 22 mag casing is slightly larger in diameter therefore the holes are slightly larger. It’s only like .01 but it’s enough that you could split a 22 casing if you fired it in there.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
      I became a member today at lunch. Came home and shot six and had to pull the cylinder to unload it. All six casings were hard to get out. Not sure what's going on there.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Did you use the casing punch to get them out before you pulled it?
      ^^^This^^^

Use the ejection rod and turn the cylinder to line up with each cylinder hole and repeat...should be easy.

Comment

Did you use the casing punch to get them out before you pulled it?
        Yes I did. No workie. Brick wall.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

^^^This^^^

Use the ejection rod and turn the cylinder to line up with each cylinder hole and repeat...should be easy.
          Of course that’s how it’s suppoesed to work. But no. It’s like they expanded and locked in place.

Comment

I wish we had an Academy close to here. I have an older one that came with the .22mag cylinder. Are the .22lr Rough Riders compatible with the .22mag cylinders? For some reason I'm wanting to say they're not. If it's not stamped on the barrel or somewhere I'd be cautious of shooting .22mag out of one.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              I wish we had an Academy close to here. I have an older one that came with the .22mag cylinder. Are the .22lr Rough Riders compatible with the .22mag cylinders? For some reason I'm wanting to say they're not. If it's not stamped on the barrel or somewhere I'd be cautious of shooting .22mag out of one.

Yes they are compatible.. The barrel reads 22cal. As long as the cylinder is matched with right 22 ammo you are good.

There is a coupon in each box for the mag cylinder purchase with free shipping and ti is marketed as beign able to shoot both. There is also an empty hole for a second cylinder in the box for the combo. They used to be sold with both the 22 and the 22 mag. I'm assuming at this price point they couldn't add the 22 mag in it.

Comment

Yeah probably so. I just knew mine is a lot more accurate with the .22mag and it seems like I heard or read somewhere that the reason for that is the barrel is opened up just a tad more to allow for shooting the .22mag. Whether that's right or not I didn't know for sure but it made sense. Having heard that I wondered about the .22lr shooting the .22mag.

That's been a day or two also so I could be totally wrong. I honestly can't remember if mine says anything at all about .22mag. I think it just says .22cal as well.
                Last edited by okrattler; 12-19-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Of course that’s how it’s suppoesed to work. But no. It’s like they expanded and locked in place.
                  Hey Dennis, it sounds like the cylinder hole isn’t lining up with the ejector rod. You should be able to wiggle it somewhat and it line up. It should NOT be hard to eject. I would call Heritage and tell them what is going on. I bet they will just send you a replacement cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    Yeah probably so. I just knew mine is a lot more accurate with the .22mag and it seems like I heard or read somewhere that the reason for that is the barrel is opened up just a tad more to allow for shooting the .22mag. Whether that's right or not I didn't know for sure but it made sense. Having heard that I wondered about the .22lr shooting the .22mag.

That's been a day or two also so I could be totally wrong. I honestly can't remember if mine says anything at all about .22mag. I think it just says .22cal as well.

Its probably more accurate due to the 22 mag cartridge being superior itself...

22 cal is 22 cal.. The barrel is the same..the cylinder hole is a little larger to carry the 22 mag casing which is why you have to switch them out...but the caliber is the same.

Comment

I'm assuming you are making sure the rod makes it into the cylinder hole like RA suggested?

Comment

Its probably more accurate due to the 22 mag cartridge being superior itself...

22 cal is 22 cal.. The barrel is the same..the cylinder hole is a little larger to carry the 22 mag casing which is why you have to switch them out...but the caliber is the same.
                        Oh ok. The cylinder has to be what I was remembering not the barrel.

Comment

I’ve got a heritage 17 hmr. The shells would swell in the cylinder and I had to pull the cylinder out. I sent the cylinder back to them and they sent me a new one. I had the same issue with the second one and actually broke the piece off the ejection rod that you put your thumb on to push it. I threw it in the closet and that’s where it’s been for probably six years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas1980 View Post
                            I’ve got a heritage 17 hmr. The shells would swell in the cylinder and I had to pull the cylinder out. I sent the cylinder back to them and they sent me a new one. I had the same issue with the second one and actually broke the piece off the ejection rod that you put your thumb on to push it. I threw it in the closet and that’s where it’s been for probably six years or so.
                            Well if you want to make room in your closet I sure don’t a project

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                              There’s a coupon in the box of the ones everyone is buying at Academy but you can order off the Heritage website and receive the same free shipping right now.

Accessories, Apparel, Holsters, Leathers, Big Bore Holsters, Leather Accessories, Leather Belts, Small Bore Holsters, Grips, Presentation Boxes, Revolver Parts, Small Bore Parts

But I suggest you call Heritage first and tell them you have an issue. I sent one of my 22 mag cylinders to them that had burrs inside 4 of the cylinders so bad that it was getting hard to insert ammo. I thought they might just drill out the holes but instead sent me a brand new cylinder. Great company IMO.
                              Well, I was wrong. My little revolver isn't a heritage, just looks the same. I inherited it from an uncle. I know it has little to no value, but I was able to get some 22mag rounds in the cylinder and wow those are some stout little packages. I've had this gun for going on 6 years and never shot it. All this heritage talk I said hell with it and tossed a few rounds thru it. I should be able to get the burrs off with a little cone diamond head and some neat dremel work.. I'll post a pic later on. Thanks for the info though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas1980 View Post
                                I didn’t know Heritage produced a 17 HMR! It must have been a limited run because I know they don’t produce them anymore. I’d love to have one even though the ammo is expensive as heck.
                                Then again, if I really really wanted to I could still shoot the 17HMR down the 22WMR anyway!!!! I mean hey...a little swelled casings never hurt anybody

Comment

Working...
                                X