Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice. I'm going to replace my Kimber Montana 7mm08 with this gun.

I don't reload but am fine ordering from Cooper Creek. Debating if the 185 fps gain is worth going 6.5 prc over there 6.5 creedmoor. 185 is from Cooper Creeks numbers with a 140 gr burger.

This will be my backpack gun for animals smaller than elk. Elk and up I've got a 300WM for.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
      jeez me too. im going .22 Creedmoor. then i shot my Remy 700 5R 20", .223 yesterday. 69 and 77 grain match kings around 2800 fps with .5 " groups.

do i REALLY need the .22 Creedmoor? my hunting rifle is a Custom 6.5 Creedmoor, so would i really need a 6.5 PRC?

i hunt Texas whitetails and Exotics

may hunt cow elk but have no problem shooting her with my 6.5 Creed.

DAMM HELP !!!!!!!

I’m going 22 creedmoor and I think you do need it. From everything I’ve read and heard it’s just a great caliber. Pushing an 80.5 grain bullet ~3500 fps. Super flat shooting and hard hitting with hardly any recoil. And with the creedmoor name it’ll get the popularity and traction to have some quality commercial ammo soon.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
        I’m going 22 creedmoor and I think you do need it. From everything I’ve read and heard it’s just a great caliber. Pushing an 80.5 grain bullet ~3500 fps. Super flat shooting and hard hitting with hardly any recoil. And with the creedmoor name it’ll get the popularity and traction to have some quality commercial ammo soon.

Comment

After seeing Roberts post about it being time to order makes me as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. Still on the fence between a 20 or 22 inch Proof barrel but definitely gonna be the 6.5 PRC. I’ve decided on my stock coloring and cerakote color. Having a Leupold VX5 3-15. Having it coated to match my rifle with a custom turret.

Comment

Anyone else keep checking back on the "Other side of the ranch" page looking for the new thread? This is worse than waiting on Christmas as a 5 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              Anyone else keep checking back on the "Other side of the ranch" page looking for the new thread? This is worse than waiting on Christmas as a 5 year old.
              Lol, every time my phone vibrates I think it's from this post or a new post in "Other side of the ranch"

Comment

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
                After seeing Roberts post about it being time to order makes me as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. Still on the fence between a 20 or 22 inch Proof barrel but definitely gonna be the 6.5 PRC. I’ve decided on my stock coloring and cerakote color. Having a Leupold VX5 3-15. Having it coated to match my rifle with a custom turret.
                I’m considering the same. Do you have any numbers on expected velocities?

Who will color match your scope? What are your color choices?

I need to see pics of the mesquite/prickly pear green I read about.

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
                  Stopped in and talked to Robert for a good while today. The stock for this gun is killer. Super light and has a great feel. The 4 camo patterns Robert showed in a post look really good in person. The CF shows thru a lot better in person. And as he said the more "mesquite/prickly pear" green one is super sharp in person. I walked out seriously seriously thinking of going with that color. It looks GOOD.

This is gonna be a killer build.

Appreciate the time Robert!!
                  And thanks for offering something so awesome to the members of this forum.
                  Do you have a pic of the mesquite/prickly pear green to share?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
                    No i didn't take any pics sorry

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post

I think it’s the top one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So it hasn’t opened even though that guy said he did his in the other thread?

He did I misread things and he didn’t order but just decided on what he was “going” to order?

Comment

Guys, I was really interested in the brown camo that AG Composites offers but they didn't have many pictures on there page so I sent them a email asking for some additional pictures. Matt just sent me these. The first 2 show the carbon and is called Carbon desert night camo, the second 2 pictures don't show the carbon and is just called desert night camo. I will be going with the Carbon Desert Night!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rps20190128_152933.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	24568315

Now I just need a rifle !!!!

Comment

Guys, I was really interested in the brown camo that AG Composites offers but they didn't have many pictures on there page so I sent them a email asking for some additional pictures. Matt just sent me these. The first 2 show the carbon and is called Carbon desert night camo, the second 2 pictures don't show the carbon and is just called desert night camo. I will be going with the Carbon Desert Night!
                              Good choice! It's about my favorite so far too. I see an extra one being slipped in with the TBH order

Comment

I'm stuck between that tan and midnight bronze or the carbon sage brush exactly how it's done in post #608

Comment

Working...
                                X