2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    I am going to try to go with a 6.5 prc with a 20-22” barrel.
    I found a 6.5 PRC Facebook page and asked the question on there about 20" barrel and several folks have replied that they have 20" PRC's and are having great luck with them. Might check it out.

Comment

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      Hehe....this could be fun

Let’s just do a 7.82 warbird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m goimg with a 22 inch barrel 6.5 PRC. I’ve read a lot of people having good luck with 20 inch barrels and I know that 24 is ideal so I’m splitting the fence and going with a 22

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          Let’s just do a 7.82 warbird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I was " " this close to throwing a lazzeroni round out there! I was going 6.5 to stay with the theme though, LOL

Comment

So I was saving up for a Gap Hospitaller rifle but now I think I’m going with APR.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
              So I was saving up for a Gap Hospitaller rifle but now I think I’m going with APR.

Wise decision

Comment

Once I’m cleared to post in the classifieds I will post my current rig. Hopefully there’s interest in it.

Comment

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
                  I’m goimg with a 22 inch barrel 6.5 PRC. I’ve read a lot of people having good luck with 20 inch barrels and I know that 24 is ideal so I’m splitting the fence and going with a 22
                  What length barrel is optimum for a 6.5 PRC? Isn't it a 24"?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    I found a 6.5 PRC Facebook page and asked the question on there about 20" barrel and several folks have replied that they have 20" PRC's and are having great luck with them. Might check it out.
                    I was reading their replies and it has me thinking of going the 20-22” range. It seems most are getting in the 2900+ FPS with hand loads, so now I am wondering what the factory loads would do out of a 20”

Comment

I thought about 6.5 prc in a 20”. First I was dead set on a 7mm08. I don’t reload but have no issue buying custom reloads. Will the 6.5 prc donanything the 7mm08 won’t in a 20” barrel ?

Comment

I’m thinking of a 6.5 PRC 24in straight contour barrel, about a 15lb rifle... I’m a fan of heavier rifles...

Comment

Yes 24 inch is ideal for the best performance out of the PRC. I’ve been looking on some other forums and a Facebook page just for 6.5 PRC / GAP/ SAUM and there are guys on there shooting 20 inch barrels getting 2800-2900 with handloads and 3100 out of a 22 with handloads.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                            I thought about 6.5 prc in a 20”. First I was dead set on a 7mm08. I don’t reload but have no issue buying custom reloads. Will the 6.5 prc donanything the 7mm08 won’t in a 20” barrel ?

That would be my question as well...

What will perform better? 7-08 20” or 6.5 prc 20”

Comment

I love the 7mm-08. I have 4 of them in my safe. If you are gonna shoot factory loads I don’t know that you would see a lot of difference between the 6.5 PRC and the 7mm-08 out of a 20 inch barrel. Maybe 100 FPS and a little more energy from the PRC.

Comment

Great question, I'm hoping Robert will give his input because I have very limited knowledge from only the last 2 days of looking at data online, but I'm going to say the PRC would be more comparable to the 7-08 AI. I believe in a 20" barrel we would expect to see the following;
                                7-08 140 gr bullet 2750 fps
                                7-08AI 140 gr bullet 2950 fps
                                6.5 PRC 143 gr bullet 2950 fps

But no fireforming with the PRC and you can buy factory ammo for it unlike the 7-08AI

Comment

Working...
                                X