2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    I've been getting tons of PM's on the Leupold deal so to make things a little easier I'll post the prices, PM me is you still want his number to order. The guy I know, not personally but thru Facebook, has the following prices:
    VX5HD 3-15x56 = $975
    VX6HD 3-18x44 = $1,000
    VX6HD 3-18x50 = $1350
    These are all firedot reticle and shipped to your door.

I really wanted the 3-18x50 so I did some checking around and optics planet has them all on sale as well if you get the firedot reticle. Plus today until midnight they have an extra 10% off if you use the code NEWYR19 which brings the optic planet prices down to
    VX5HD 3-15x56 = $971.99
    VX6HD 3-18x44 = $1,142.99
    VX6HD 3-18x50 = $1,224.89
    These are also all firedot reticle and free shipping.

Just trying to help y'all out with a little savings on your scopes.

I ordered the 3-18x50 thru optics planet
    There’s a couple others on there that can go even cheaper then that.
    Bought a VX5HD 3-15x44 through a guy for 675$ and the 56mm was 870$ I believe

Lots of people don’t realize paying retail is way to high lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

Does the guy have anymore of those VX5HD 3-15 left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang I’m getting blown up, Looked on Facebook and can’t find the messages with the gentleman.

If y’all want go there and join the Optics Buy sell Trade page. His name was Rome something and should be recommended along with others if you search through the page

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
          I know there is some factory ammo. But I know you get the full potential of it with hand loads.

That can be said about any cartridge.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

Yes. I was just letting him know that there is factory ammo available for it.

Comment

Dang I’m getting blown up, Looked on Facebook and can’t find the messages with the gentleman.

If y’all want go there and join the Optics Buy sell Trade page. His name was Rome something and should be recommended along with others if you search through the page
              I’ve found the vx5hd on that page for 800-875 but never cheaper. I purchased 2 vx6hd tmoa 1350 from a dealer on that page. If someone gets on there look up a gentleman.by the name of keith Francis he’s a good guy and I’ve purchased several things from him also

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                I’ve found the vx5hd on that page for 800-875 but never cheaper. I purchased 2 vx6hd tmoa 1350 from a dealer on that page. If someone gets on there look up a gentleman.by the name of keith Francis he’s a good guy and I’ve purchased several things from him also
                He was another one that was recommended

Comment

Thanks for the info on these scopes.

Comment

Leupold enforces their prices, those guys don't have a storefront and are selling at a little above wholesale price and then scope is drop shipped from a retailer. They make $25-$50 per scope BUT when the warranty is filed, turret applied for and they find out where and how much your giving, they shut them down. That's what happened to OpticsAgent AKA BigSupplyShop. Smaller guys will probably still get away with it. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but the big retail shops like Cabela's doesn't.

Comment

In for a tier 2 in.......

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                        Leupold enforces their prices, those guys don't have a storefront and are selling at a little above wholesale price and then scope is drop shipped from a retailer. They make $25-$50 per scope BUT when the warranty is filed, turret applied for and they find out where and how much your giving, they shut them down. That's what happened to OpticsAgent AKA BigSupplyShop. Smaller guys will probably still get away with it. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but the big retail shops like Cabela's doesn't.
                        When I have ordered cds dials or sent a scope in for repair I’ve never been asked how much I paid for it. If people keep there yap shut we get good deals and these guys make a little extra money.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          When I have ordered cds dials or sent a scope in for repair I’ve never been asked how much I paid for it. If people keep there yap shut we get good deals and these guys make a little extra money.
                          I’ve got leupold scopes I bought used for dirt cheap and leupold has never cared where I bought it from or how much I paid for it. They have warrantied them every time. But I’ve purchased 75% of leupold optics I own from retailers.
                          Last edited by Txarrowhunter; 01-04-2019, 05:30 PM. Reason: Idk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            some more than others.

Comment

it is illegal to tell a retailer how much they can sell product for. What they have control over is what they advertise for. They can also control other things like margin etc to keep you from selling below your price but you certainly could if you chose to.

Comment

I do not want to miss this but calling APR today, I see it's too early to order. Is there email notification I can fill out or do I just need to check TBH daily?

Here is what I'm thinking:
                                Sendero option, burnt bronze cerakote with a camo pattern that will match, 6.5 PRC long action, bdl bottom metal, straight fluting on the barrel and spiral on the bolt, removable 419 brake (or similar) with a cap for when I go without the brake. Not sure about barrel length (20"?) or twist (:7.5"). Plan to shoot 143 ELD-X. What am I missing? Doable? Good choices? I've never done a custom so I'm not as picky as come folks who have many but do want to stay less than $2500. Already have glass and a case.

Comment

Working...
                                X