2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
    How will the ordering go? All money up front? Or a large deposit?

I think it was 50% down last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      I think it was 50% down last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        Apparently I can't type. It should have been:
        Tier1 - APR CF Bbl = $2,399
        Tier1 - Proof CF Bbl = $2,549
        Tier2 - Steel Sendero = $2,199
        Will any of these options be considered in a .338 Lapua? Sorry if already been brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mconner View Post
          Will any of these options be considered in a .338 Lapua? Sorry if already been brought up.

Do you really want to be behind a 7-8 pound rifle chambered in .338 Lapua?

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
            Do you really want to be behind a 7-8 pound rifle chambered in .338 Lapua?
            Wouldn’t be the first time, so yes I would. on the upside all day packable and for one shot on a trophy is worth every thump.

Comment

Wouldn’t be the first time, so yes I would. on the upside all day packable and for one shot on a trophy is worth every thump.

You’re more of a man than me! But you have a point with only have to shoot once.

Comment

You’re more of a man than me! But you have a point with only have to shoot once.
                Well don’t get it mixed up with being a man or just being a dumb man, but I have been in the mountains with a 22lb thumper and let me tell you it was brutal so hopefully it only takes one shot.LOL not sure what would be worse packing a 22lb rifle all day or shooting a 8lb rifle chambered the same just once.

Comment

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Well don’t get it mixed up with being a man or just being a dumb man, but I have been in the mountains with a 22lb thumper and let me tell you it was brutal so hopefully it only takes one shot.LOL not sure what would be worse packing a 22lb rifle all day or shooting a 8lb rifle chambered the same just once.

22 pounds would make the hunt miserable. I’d vote lighter and just take the hit once and make sure you where a mouthpiece lol.
                  Or get it in 28 nosler, I know they’re chambering it in that.

Edit: I said 28 nosler without know what game you’re after. I just know the 28 nosler hits plenty hard.

Comment

Man that would be fun. I'm planning a 300wm but a 300 Norma mag would be a mean machine slinging a 230 Berger.

Comment

22 pounds would make the hunt miserable. I’d vote lighter and just take the hit once and make sure you where a mouthpiece lol.
                      Or get it in 28 nosler, I know they’re chambering it in that.

Edit: I said 28 nosler without know what game you’re after. I just know the 28 nosler hits plenty hard.
                      Decided on caliber yet Keaton?

Comment

Have you seen any pressure issues with Proof barrels and the 6.5 PRC? I was reading a on a 6.5 PRC/6.5 SUAM Facebook page yesterday and there was a post from a gunsmith saying he had seen 2 proof barrels that had pressure issues with the PRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          We just added another CNC mill with the intention of setting it up to true actions.
                          That's a cool idea! Any chance I could get a tour of your shop when I'm down that way this Spring?

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                            Decided on caliber yet Keaton?
                            Yeah I'm going to do 22 Creedmoor. Probably a 1-8 twist 22" barrel to keep it a little handy. Might go up to 24".

Comment

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
                              Have you seen any pressure issues with Proof barrels and the 6.5 PRC? I was reading a on a 6.5 PRC/6.5 SUAM Facebook page yesterday and there was a post from a gunsmith saying he had seen 2 proof barrels that had pressure issues with the PRC.
                              I have not seen any. That said, the first gen reamers had a freebore that was way too short for the actual ammo that Hornady released. If he was running one of those he would for sure have pressure issues.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                                That's a cool idea! Any chance I could get a tour of your shop when I'm down that way this Spring?
                                Doors are always open for anybody that wants to come by.

Comment

Working...
                                X