2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
    Probably to clear the bolt, allowing for a higher comb.
    That makes sense. Be a good spot to put your dope chart too.

Comment

Still curious on a price tag.
      Aka I’m to impatient lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        More progress, piece by piece. The stock arrived today.....even though it never updated in the UPS system after it was picked up. I honestly didn't think it would show up until well after Christmas given that situation. It's the one above the original McMillan example(lower in the pic) that I originally posted on the concept pics.

This stock is also a little more rigid than the McMillan in the pics.
        That bare CF looks nice!

Comment

Looks great

Comment

This is worse than waiting for Christmas!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              When do you think the pricing will be announced?
              As soon as we make a final decision on using our barrel or Proof, its ready to go live. Which is a good opportunity to update on that topic as well.

When I mentioned in an earlier post that we were working on our own carbon fiber barrel project and the steps we were taking to make it a better option, we immediately considered it a candidate for this deal. It still is. The testing is and has been going very well. In fact, we've only seen one issue I wasn't happy with on one of the combos we tested. Even then, that group still shot from good to great if you gave them the exact conditions they wanted. I honestly feel like we are "there" with them now.

That said, I want to see everything repeat a few more times before we launch them. I want to see consistency from batch to batch to make absolutely sure they're everything we think they are. I have the last 5 barrels inbound to wrap that up as I type this. It's Friday, they aren't here yet and we're looking at Holiday downtime mixed in the next 2 weeks worth of schedules. So realistically we're looking at 3-4 weeks to have final results in hand for all of them. I EXPECT stellar results based on what we have seen, but don't want to sell a single barrel until I SEE those results myself.

So that makes the last piece of the pricing puzzle hard to locate. We have discussed offering it with our barrel at our target price for now to get it going, with the understanding that if we are not happy with this final round of testing we switch to proof, but will be forced to bump up the price by $150 per build if we do. Not sure how I feel about that, really. I see both positives and negatives in that scenario. If ya'll want to go that route, we will.

The advantages of ours should outweigh the Proof on several levels, so we really want to make them work for this deal if we can. They will provide a higher quality blank, much quicker lead times, more length options, more twist rate options, better pricing and much quicker warranty service should you ever need it. Whatever we do, it will be all-in on one or the other. The way I see it, that gives us 3 options:

1. Start it now based on our barrel with our pricing, subject to change pending final testing results(unlikely).
              2. Wait until after the first of the year and final testing is done to decide(lose some ground on other components delivery schedule)
              3. Just go with Proof now and adjust price accordingly(less choices and longer lead times)

What is everyone's thoughts?

Comment

As soon as we make a final decision on using our barrel or Proof, its ready to go live. Which is a good opportunity to update on that topic as well.

When I mentioned in an earlier post that we were working on our own carbon fiber barrel project and the steps we were taking to make it a better option, we immediately considered it a candidate for this deal. It still is. The testing is and has been going very well. In fact, we've only seen one issue I wasn't happy with on one of the combos we tested. Even then, that group still shot from good to great if you gave them the exact conditions they wanted. I honestly feel like we are "there" with them now.

That said, I want to see everything repeat a few more times before we launch them. I want to see consistency from batch to batch to make absolutely sure they're everything we think they are. I have the last 5 barrels inbound to wrap that up as I type this. It's Friday, they aren't here yet and we're looking at Holiday downtime mixed in the next 2 weeks worth of schedules. So realistically we're looking at 3-4 weeks to have final results in hand for all of them. I EXPECT stellar results based on what we have seen, but don't want to sell a single barrel until I SEE those results myself.

So that makes the last piece of the pricing puzzle hard to locate. We have discussed offering it with our barrel at our target price for now to get it going, with the understanding that if we are not happy with this final round of testing we switch to proof, but will be forced to bump up the price by $150 per build if we do. Not sure how I feel about that, really. I see both positives and negatives in that scenario. If ya'll want to go that route, we will.

The advantages of ours should outweigh the Proof on several levels, so we really want to make them work for this deal if we can. They will provide a higher quality blank, much quicker lead times, more length options, more twist rate options, better pricing and much quicker warranty service should you ever need it. Whatever we do, it will be all-in on one or the other. The way I see it, that gives us 3 options:

1. Start it now based on our barrel with our pricing, subject to change pending final testing results(unlikely).
                2. Wait until after the first of the year and final testing is done to decide(lose some ground on other components delivery schedule)
                3. Just go with Proof now and adjust price accordingly(less choices and longer lead times)

Is the tier 2 with the steel barrel still an option? That is the one I am interested in.

Comment

I say start it now with APR barrel.

Comment

I’m personally fine with waiting. Option 2 for your most recent post(accidentally put option 1 initially)

See what the results are about 2 weeks into the new year. Get a thumbs up and start the official thread. Have the last day to order mid February like last years and start getting rifles a couple to a few months after that.

Does that sound like a correct timeline?
                    Last edited by 150class; 12-21-2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I say wait for final testing and then proceed.

Comment

Now APR barrel. Waiting doesn't change a thing. If they don't come out to your liking it'll just change to proof anyway. Only thing that changes is a slight price increase.

Comment

2. So I can work on my wife some more ��

Comment

Option 1

Comment

Wait for final testing. Maybe I'll be able to decide on a caliber by then...

Comment

Shouldn’t matter for tier 2 right?

Comment

Working...
                                X