Suppressor possession question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
    I got a one shot trust from Silencer shop. I can add anybody at anytime to the trust on my gun without paying the trust fees and cost. I just have to get a piece of paper notarized and it is legal for them to have possession.

Like said above, anything you 2nd guess with a suppressor get professional help. No worth risking anything for a suppressor.

I am not sure this is correct. I thought that anyone on the trust has to go through the ATF investigation procedures. In other words, you can't just add someone to your trust, notarize, and then they can possess the nfa items included in the trust. Maybe I am misunderstanding the post, please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
      I am not sure this is correct. I thought that anyone on the trust has to go through the ATF investigation procedures. In other words, you can't just add someone to your trust, notarize, and then they can possess the nfa items included in the trust. Maybe I am misunderstanding the post, please correct me if I am wrong.
      If the trustee is added when no forms are pending then they do not submit an RPQ.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

A regular trust yes, everybody has to go through the ATF process. The single shot trust is per suppressor. I have a single shot trust on one of my .30 cal cans. I can add anyone of age that is legally able to own/possess a suppressor at anytime I want. I have forms that need to fill out that needs to stay with the guy and suppressor of course. But it does have to be notarized. There is no limit to the amount of guys on the trust. So I can just add, but if i want to delete someone i have to sign a paper and have it notarized. A true gun trust is way different than a one shot trust. Look it up under silencer shop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

A regular trust yes, everybody has to go through the ATF process. The single shot trust is per suppressor. I have a single shot trust on one of my .30 cal cans. I can add anyone of age that is legally able to own/possess a suppressor at anytime I want. I have forms that need to fill out that needs to stay with the guy and suppressor of course. But it does have to be notarized. There is no limit to the amount of guys on the trust. So I can just add, but if i want to delete someone i have to sign a paper and have it notarized. A true gun trust is way different than a one shot trust. Look it up under silencer shop.

Lol. That's funny. Wrong. But very funny. Any trust can be a single shot Trust. There's nothing special about a single shot trust except you bought into the marketing hype. My gun trust can be used as a single shot Trust. All persons who meet the definition of responsible person own a single shot trust or a regular gun trust must submit fingerprints and photographs when a form is submitted to the ATF

Comment

Suppressor possession question

Not according to that picture you just posted. Anyone added has to fill out the same 5320.20 and anyone with a “regular” trust.

So you paid for a trust that you can only use for one item.

I can add unlimited items to mine.

EDIT: Sean beat me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                Lol. That's funny. Wrong. But very funny. Any trust can be a single shot Trust. There's nothing special about a single shot trust except you bought into the marketing hype. My gun trust can be used as a single shot Trust. All persons who meet the definition of responsible person own a single shot trust or a regular gun trust must submit fingerprints and photographs when a form is submitted to the ATF

Well there is that ONE thing that is special about the single shot one.... its only $25. So it's not all just marketing hype... it's a solution for us po boys, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                Last edited by duckmanep; 12-13-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

https://youtu.be/HecmQ38AYBA

Here is a link explaining it better than I am. I can add anyone to my trust without them sending off for fingerprints or photos for them. This is just an easy way to file it single, but be able to let anyone legally to own one borrow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Not according to that picture you just posted. Anyone added has to fill out the same 5320.20 and anyone with a “regular” trust.

So you paid for a trust that you can only use for one item.

I can add unlimited items to mine.

EDIT: Sean beat me to it.

Yes posted wrong picture.

Comment

https://youtu.be/HecmQ38AYBA

Here is a link explaining it better than I am. I can add anyone to my trust without them sending off for fingerprints or photos for them. This is just an easy way to file it single, but be able to let anyone legally to own one borrow it.

And you still are incorrect

Comment

Any trustee on any gun trust, that is added after the paperwork is approved by the ATF, does not have to submit a responsible person questionnaire. Has nothing to do with the single shot Trust

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          Well there is that ONE thing that is special about the single shot one.... its only $25. So it's not all just marketing hype... it's a solution for us po boys, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          And you can get a free one off the internet.

Comment

Yes posted wrong picture.

So they just use different language for their limited trustee by calling them a supporting trustee. Just like all of the other limited trustees on my trust; they can use and possess the items in the trust, they just cannot change the disposition of any of the items in the trust therefore not making them a responsible person on the trust and not subject to the requirements thereof.

Comment

The single shot trust is what it is.

It's nothing special.

Any trust can be executed with a new inception date for each nfa item.

Any trust can add new trustees after a form is approved without having to submit fingerprints and photographs for the newly appointed trustees.

Comment

Any trustee on any gun trust, that is added after the paperwork is approved by the ATF, does not have to submit a responsible person questionnaire. Has nothing to do with the single shot Trust

Lol. I'll have to re read everything in the morning after I am done drinking.

Guess I am not following. On a regular trust you can add as many items as you want. Correct. For each person that is added to your trust, you have to have their finger prints done and paperwork filed. Correct?

Single shot trust, once the trust is approved by atf the trust is only in my name. The trust is only good for the one suppressor in my case, which they are $25. If I want to add someone to my trust, they do not have to submit background checks or fingerprints. I have papers that have to be signed by both parties and legally they can posses it. So I can add anyone of my buddies to my trust quickly and without the wait if they want to borrow it they just have to keep the paperwork with the suppressor at all times.

Comment

Working...
                                X