Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

School me on aftermarket stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on aftermarket stocks

Bought a used Rem 700 adl youth 243. Has the black stock. Thinking of putting a different stock on it. It has the blind mag on it. Would a bdl stock work? Looking at some of the Hogue overmolded stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what you want. I like the Boyd's for the money, but you may be wanting something different.

Comment

Kinda like the way the Hogue feels. Boyds are pretty sweet looking. Will mainly just ride in the truck with me.

Comment

Yeah I figured it was the texture. I like those too.

Comment

For a BDL stock to work you will need BDL bottom metal.

Comment

Greyboe

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Do you want to keep it as a youth ?? The H&S precision is what is on a Sendaro I see them for sale often

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                  Do you want to keep it as a youth ?? The H&S precision is what is on a Sendaro I see them for sale often

Doesnt really matter either way

Comment

B&C makes ADL stock. You can convert to BDL but would need BDL bottom metal. Buy new at PT&G or find used.

Comment

Bell and Carlson would be my recommendation. It’s as simple as screwing in the action screws at specified torque and calling it a day. You can get the ADL version or convert to the BDL version (my recommendation). You can find bdl bottom metal for not a whole lot of anything (~$50 sometimes cheaper) if you look.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                      X