AR Guys - 6.5 Creedmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
    It started to stove pipe rounds from the magazine. I think that the rough chamber was not releasing the spent case quickly enough so that when the bolt picked up the fresh round from the magazine they were both still inside the weapon.

Not sure what your particular issue is on this rifle, but I feel confident that it is not as described above. The case is hooked to the bolt thru the extraction cycle until it reaches the point the ejector kicks it off. If the bolt is moving backwards, the case is coming with it at the same speed, unless its failing to grip the rim of the case and leaving it totally in the chamber.

Does this rifle have an adjustable gas block on it? If so, have you adjusted it for more or less gas? In this situation Id say more.

To save yourself some expense, keep the setup you have and buy a quality barrel that is already chambered. If it were me, Id get an White Oak Armament barrel that was 20" in the profile of your liking. Also invest in a quality adjustable gas block if you don't have one. Syrac is a good one to look at.
    Last edited by Trevor73402; 11-04-2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X