Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
    Ok, I read the article.

If a contraption on the end of your firearm is placed against your shoulder and the weapon is fired, then it's a shoulder stock which turns your item into an SBR.

Argue all you want with 1 line responses. Give me some proof.

pis·tol
    /ˈpistl/Submit
    noun
    a small firearm designed to be held in one hand.

ri·fle1
    /ˈrīfəl/Submit
    noun
    a gun, especially one fired from shoulder level, having a long spirally grooved barrel intended to make a bullet spin and thereby have greater accuracy over a long distance.

Short-barreled rifle (SBR) is a legal designation in the United States, referring to a shoulder-fired, rifled firearm, made from a rifle, with a barrel length of less than 16 in (41 cm) or overall length of less than 26 in (66 cm), or a handgun fitted with a buttstock and a barrel of less than 16 inches length.

A gunstock, often simply stock, also known as a shoulder stock, a buttstock or simply a butt, is a part of a long gun such as rifle, to which the barrelled action and firing mechanism are attached and is held against the user's shoulder when shooting the gun.

A gunstock or buttstock can be anything that is placed against your shoulder when firing the weapon.
    Have you even read what the ATF’s current ruling is?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      I feel bad for the defendant. I bet it was incredibly expensive for him to pay for his defense. This isn't a happy ending for him at all. All because some bull headed ATF agent didn't understand its agencies own rules.
      Seriously. The hassle and the probably tens of thousands in legal fees is actual punishment. All because some jack boot wanted to make a case. Pretty disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Shhhhh. He's on a roll.

Comment

Seriously guys come on! That hideous contraption serves no other purpose other than being shouldered. All of these stupid tacti-cool crap braces should be able to be prosecuted.
          Are you a Hillary voter ?? Just because you don't understand it or don't like isn't a reason to outlaw it. He did obey the law, he was the target of an over zealous or ignorant law enforcement officer.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            To circumvent the NFA tax stamp?

The whole SBR regulation is a bunch of crap, yes. But kidding ourselves into thinking 99.999% of people buying a brace because they’re disabled and want to tie their AR pistol to their arm is not helping anything.
            Cmon man, give more credit than that. I don’t argue that most people that buy them do so to “circumvent the NFA tax stamp”. My comment was in response to someone saying there is NO OTHER USE for them. Actually, there IS another use for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
              Are you a Hillary voter ?? .
              Cute.

Why can we not have a good old agree to disagree conversation without the need to insult or project upon the other parties?

No, I am not. Just stating my position on the article posted on this forum.

Thank you for the ATF letter link.

Comment

That dude should have been prosecuted for building an ugly stupid looking POS LOL

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  I feel bad for the defendant. I bet it was incredibly expensive for him to pay for his defense. This isn't a happy ending for him at all. All because some bull headed ATF agent didn't understand its agencies own rules.
                  Reckon the NRA or maybe one of the manufafrurerea of these braces helped him out? Honest question. Seems it would be in their best interest to not let the guy go down for this.

Comment

Please enlighten me on what the above contraptions designed purpose is?
                    Who gives a ****? Really it’s none of your business why someone would do that.

Comment

I missed the picture of the gun.

I'd say he shouldn't have added anything to the brace. That's muddied water I wouldn't want to mess with.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        Seriously. The hassle and the probably tens of thousands in legal fees is actual punishment. All because some jack boot wanted to make a case. Pretty disgusting.
                        This is the reason I started this thread. I thought we were all on the same page about the current pistol brace issues and ATF regulations regarding the same, I see now that I was very wrong!

Regardless, I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. Had this case went the way of the ATF, it no doubt would have had consequences in arrests, convictions and ruined lives over what would seem like bait-n-switch entrapment by the government.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Absolutely not true.

Just because you shoulder it does not make it an SBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          If I should my revolver, does that make it an SBR?

/sarcasm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post

/sarcasm

Depends on who you ask obviously. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post

/sarcasm

Gonna have to see the video to decide!!

Comment

If the dude wants to build himself a goofy looking Frankengun with his own money, then why should we allow the feds to tell him he can't? 'Merica!

Feds can go pound sand and whomever authorized the prosecution needs to be fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X