Homemade suppressor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
    Care to share any plans for your project? I’m lookimg to Form 1 soon. I’ve looked into buying kits, or maybe buying some parts from Rusty, them finishing myself, just nit sure which way I want to go yet.
    I haven't really finalized anything, but I'm planning on buying all of the parts from rusty for a 1.625" x 7.8" .30 caliber can with his "RSC" baffles per his recommendation. I'm also probably going to use the Griffen Taper Mount system as it will be used on multiple rifles.

If you haven't already, I would join the Form 1 Suppressor Forum. There is tons of information about Form 1 cans on there. Rusty has also been really good about answering my questions over email.

http://form1suppressor.boards.net/

Comment

sounds like a good way to go to jail

Comment

Originally posted by meat>horns View Post
        Sounds like you don't know how to read. Except for a couple posts, the thread clearly states multiple times that we are filing ATF Form 1's to legally build the suppressors.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
          Sounds like you don't know how to read. Except for a couple posts, the thread clearly states multiple times that we are filing ATF Form 1's to legally build the suppressors.
          You probably already know this, but eForms is back online, and guys are getting approvals in less than a week right now. You do still have to mail in your fingerprints. Take that for what it's worth.

Capitol Armory will take care of all the work for you for a couple bucks.

FORM 1 FILING FOR CAPITOL ARMORY CUSTOMERS

This service is for those who would like Capitol Armory to paper file a BATFE Form 1 application on your behalf

Comment

Homemade suppressor??

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            You probably already know this, but eForms is back online, and guys are getting approvals in less than a week right now. You do still have to mail in your fingerprints. Take that for what it's worth.

Capitol Armory will take care of all the work for you for a couple bucks.

https://www.capitolarmory.com/batfe-...istration.html

Yessir, I’m planning on efiling, but the website’s been down since Monday Morning. That’s what I’m waiting on to submit everything.
            Last edited by Raider4044; 10-31-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Homemade suppressor??

Duplicate..

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  I have a 22 rebel I got for dirt cheap, just to play with, and it shifts my POI about 9 inches down and 4 inches left @ 50 yards. Opened my group size up some too. But it's pretty quiet.
                  I need to retract this statement about my Rebel 22. My newly acquired DA Mask is doing the same thing... about a foot POI shift. So I have an alignment issue is what I have it narrowed down to. My Ruger 10/22 is factory threaded 1/2x20 and came with an adapter to get it to 1/2x28. The adapter is bad. I originally wrote it off as cheap/bad suppressor and didn't pursue it further and should have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

if you have access to a torch (tig welder is of course much better) and lathe, you can build a very fine hi-v rifle can in a day, for $50 or so. It's the threading it and threading the barrel that can get expensive. It's been decades since I owned any longarms but AR's, so the barrel-threading is not an issue. What guns do you want to mount cans on? Pulling a barrel from some rifles, especially if you want to use the front sight again, can be a real nightmare. The threads stretch wear, so when you again tighten the barrel, the front sight is cocked at an angle. This phenomenon can occasionally be bad enough that you have to use a lathe to set back the barrel's shoulder and deepen the chamber. PITA.

I recommend 3 "how to make a silencer" books. From amazon. One for Mini-14, one for the .45, one for the .22lr. Start with the .22. Make your mistakes on a $100, low pressure gun, not on a high pressure, $700 gun! They were originally sold by Paladin press, but PP went out of biz when Poiter died.
                    Last edited by awright; 12-01-2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meat>horns View Post
                      only if you're too dumb to first get the form 1 tax stamp from the feds. or if your state is one of the 15+ that dont allow silencers. Even then, $500 a year makes you a Class III dealer who can have silencers.

Comment

I need to retract this statement about my Rebel 22. My newly acquired DA Mask is doing the same thing... about a foot POI shift. So I have an alignment issue is what I have it narrowed down to. My Ruger 10/22 is factory threaded 1/2x20 and came with an adapter to get it to 1/2x28. The adapter is bad. I originally wrote it off as cheap/bad suppressor and didn't pursue it further and should have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        Wow, I had to google that. Never heard of a 1/2 x20 Ruger. Weird.

Dude just get another barrel, or get your barrel chopped and threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          Wow, I had to google that. Never heard of a 1/2 x20 Ruger. Weird.

Dude just get another barrel, or get your barrel chopped and threaded.

I'm guessing they were meant for export/import (since that is a common thread pattern other places). It was less than $200 with the Hogue stock, so I thought it was a steal.

So now I have to figure out, pay the chop & thread cost, or just sell mine and buy a new one already threaded, or just buy a barrel and sell my barrel. Trying to figure out the cheapest/best of those options. I'm keeping my Hogue stock!
                          Last edited by duckmanep; 12-03-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ruge...ed-barrel.html

I'm guessing they were meant for export/import (since that is a common thread pattern other places). It was less than $200 with the Hogue stock, so I thought it was a steal.

So now I have to figure out, pay the chop & thread cost, or just sell mine and buy a new one already threaded, or just buy a barrel and sell my barrel. Trying to figure out the cheapest/best of those options. I'm keeping my Hogue stock!
                            I would not have the stock barrel threaded. That will cost anywhere from $100-150. I bought a Kidd Ultra lite aluminum one that was already threaded for about $200.

Comment

I would not have the stock barrel threaded. That will cost anywhere from $100-150. I bought a Kidd Ultra lite aluminum one that was already threaded for about $200.
                              I agree 100%

Comment

Class 3 Machining will chop crown and thread for $85 including shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                X