No announcement yet.

best 270 ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had good success with the Fusions. However, I have been super impressed with the results from Barnes Vor-Tx and the blood trail they leave behind. I have slowly been switching out my rifles to Barnes.

Comment

My APR 270 loves factory Nosler 130 gr Accubonds and my Tikka 270 likes Hornady Custom 140 Gr BTSP

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
        What I currently have is Federal 130 and 150 grain power shok. I do have a 270 but have never hunted with it. I did sight it in with the 150s and they were real accurate. Will try hunting with it this year for the first time. My caliber of choice is, and has always been the 3006.

One thing to remember is deer are not hard to kill. And more have been killed with cheap cup and core ammo than with all the premium bullets made today.
        AGREED

Simply put, any factory round with a 130-150gr projectiles have and will continue to kill deer.

Comment

Like some others above have said...deer really aren’t that hard to kill.
          I shoot a 270 and my current go to bullet is 130gr Hornady American whitetail. Have also had good luck with the Winchester power points.

The farthest I’ve ever had a deer run was shot with a 270wsm shooting 140gr accubonds. Bullet never really expanded and poked the same size hole straight through her.

Comment

Cheap cheap white box basic ammo will it hold 2.5 inch groups at 200 ?? if so there you go . As a reloader I try lots of bullets more so for fun . Myself would tell you to stay away from a ballistic tip bullet in some cases they work great in others they do not .

Had a 150 SST not exit on a white tail last year blew the front shoulder pretty much off and we found parts of the bullet all the way into the hind quarters .

white tail are not hard to kill , long range shots etc may be in need of stepping up the quality of said ammo but for 200 and under I would not pay more than 18 dollars a box for ammo

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice fellas. Its much appreciated

Comment

I shot Remington Core-Lokt .270 Win. 150-Grain and they work great.

Comment

Been hearing some negative stuff about the core-lokt's but they never failed me.

Comment

Working...
                  X