Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Magazine Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
    You need to buy an Uplula, no problem loading every round in the magazine with the uplula.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Lol, I didn't intend for that to sound like a commercial!
    Not his point...

You need more manly thumbs lol

Comment

Why would anyone not use a magazine to its full capacity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Buy a couple spare mag springs and once a year disassemble your mags. Compare the old ones to the new ones. If you see a difference in length replace them. Last time I replaced some that were nearly 6 years old from a duty gun and the difference was about 3/4 of an inch and had started causing Failures to feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Same reason you don't keep a 2 stroke wound out the whole time.
          As mentioned, it can be a bad thing.

Comment

Magazine Question

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            Same reason you don't keep a 2 stroke wound out the whole time.

As mentioned, it can be a bad thing.

Horse puckey. Not even a valid comparison. Comparing a rotating mass at high rpm to a static spring is apples and watermelons. I have mags that I’ve kept loaded to full capacity for over 10 years and they function perfectly. If that were the need, the manufacturers would state so.

As has been stated many times already keeping mag springs compressed has no detrimental affect on them.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
              What wears out springs is cycling them—i.e. loading and unloading the magazine. Keeping a magazine spring compressed or not doesn't matter. It's the cycles on the spring that matters.

LWD
              There It Is...…...LOL

Comment

I think Mike it is to "help" the springs and not compress them to full load.
                If I can't get it done in 28 rounds.
                I'm in something way bigger than those 2 rounds could help me get out of

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                  I think Mike it is to "help" the springs and not compress them to full load.
                  If I can't get it done in 28 rounds.
                  I'm in something way bigger than those 2 rounds could help me get out of
                  I don't know exactly how many rounds of 40 fit in my 2011 mags & will have to check, but getting the last one in is a booger...having carried single stack 1911 45 & 38 supers all my life, the count being over double sure isn't worrisome!!

I see most of the guys on my lease with one of those sleeves on the butt stock that carry 10 extra rounds on their hunting bolt guns?? I cannot remember the last time I had more than 2 rounds in my 280ai

Comment

Horse puckey. Not even a valid comparison.

Comparing a rotating mass at high rpm to a static spring is apples and watermelons. I have mags that I’ve kept loaded to full capacity for over 10 years and they function perfectly. If that were the need, the manufacturers would state so.

As has been stated many times already keeping mag springs compressed has no detrimental affect on them.

Excess drag on the bolt or slide is the argument. Not spring wear.

Comment

I have been carrying a Sig 220 over 30yrs for work and never a problem keeping the mags full. Hogs and yotes do not get a pass on our place and there has been a few times I was glad to have the extra rounds on my stock.

Comment

Working...
                      X