No announcement yet.

AR Pistola build list help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished building mine this week. I had an Aero Precision stripped lower with the Texas map and star engraved on it sitting on my safe. I got some of the father's day specials from Palmetto State Armory.
    PSA 10.5 upper
    SBA3 Tactical Pistol Brace build kit.

I like the way it turned out. The SBA3 Tactical Pistol Brace is niece, the fit within the lower and upper is tight with zero wiggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Hmmmm can’t say I’ve ever seen an AR10 pistol.

That doesn’t sound fun to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This would be mostly shot subsonic but y'all know more about AR's than I do so if the 300BO is a better bet for a pistol then I can easily get dies and materials for that caliber as well.

Comment

As a long range bolt gun builder I'm sure you realize you're really killing the 308 by SBR or pistol "length'ing" it.
        Same bullet in a BLK and way cheaper to build and good ammo choices both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
          This would be mostly shot subsonic but y'all know more about AR's than I do so if the 300BO is a better bet for a pistol then I can easily get dies and materials for that caliber as well.
          If it’s mainly for subsonic then you should definitely go 300blk over 308. That’s what it was designed to do. It is a waste of case capacity and unneeded weight in your gun to go large frame just to shoot subs.
          If you want the most thump per round subsonic, then go 458 SOCOM or 50 Beowulf. But then I would suggest SBRing it.

Comment

I’ve owned lots of AR pistols. The only one that stuck is this 2a Armament Balios Lite in 300blk (very tempting to SBR it too.

Side note:
            I can’t say enough good things about the omega 9k can. I wish I had 3 more of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              As a long range bolt gun builder I'm sure you realize you're really killing the 308 by SBR or pistol "length'ing" it.
              Same bullet in a BLK and way cheaper to build and good ammo choices both suppressed and unsuppressed.
              Since it would primarily be for subs I wasn't real concerned with that. My little 16.5" .308 I built for myself is great with subs (my golf course deer slayer) so that's why I wanted to stay with a .308 but it's sounding like the 300BO is the ticket for the pistol.
              Last edited by kck; 06-29-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                I’ve owned lots of AR pistols. The only one that stuck is this 2a Armament Balios Lite in 300blk (very tempting to SBR it too.

Side note:
                I can’t say enough good things about the omega 9k can. I wish I had 3 more of them.
                Nice rig sir. I wouldn't mind having the 458 but I just don't want to go through getting another can right now so it's looking like y'all are giving me enough reason to go with the 300BO. Thanks for all the help fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Agree.

If your stuck on 308 you want a rifle. If you want a 10.5” pistol go 300 BO or 223

Here is a 10.5” 300 BO I built with dependability and cost as my primary concerned. It has proven 100% dependable so far. My only accuracy concerns on this build was minute of bad guy inside 50 yards but have been pleasantly surprised by pretty good 100 yard groups.

Mr. Boswell, that's about the exact rig I'd like to build.

Comment

Oh, and I’m sure you know this, but make sure you check “other” when transferring stripped lowers on a 4473

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                      Oh, and I’m sure you know this, but make sure you check “other” when transferring stripped lowers on a 4473
                      Yessir, checked on that as well but many thanks for the shout out on that. And entered as "Receiver" in the A&D book.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post

As others have mentioned if subsonic will be the main purpose of this build then 300 Blackout hands down.

A 220 grain Bullet under 1100 fps doesn’t matter the case it’s launched from. Additionally you will see more consistent velocities due to lower case volume of the 300 Blackout. Less unused space in the 300 BO case vs 308.

And then there’s the size and weight difference to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

308 subs won't cycle the action where a 300blk subs will with a pistol gas length barrel not much point in using an ar platform if you plan on cycling it by hand anyway.

Comment

Copy that gents. Decision made and 300BO it is. Thanks again for all of the input as well fellas!

Comment

I just noticed your comment about switching springs for supers/subs. Just buy a nice adjustable gas block. It will be a lot less annoying. I mainly use SLRs and tune it to barely eject the weakest subs and leave it alone, but you can get one that you switch back and forth.
                              And here’s my daily LaRue plug, lol. If I were you, I’d just buy a LaRue UU kit in 300bo w/ 12” barrel. Use the order number to order a LaRue lower. Sell the stock and order a brace before the lower comes in. You won’t regret it.

Comment

Bboswell, what brace is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X