• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the Euros!!! Mighty fine.

Comment

HOLY CRAP !!!!
      Man...those are NICE !!!
      Congrats !!!!

If you care to share info on your hunt, please do..
      Would be interested about cost.. but dont want to pry in your business.
      DM me if you can.. Thx !

Comment

Turned out awesome!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

I am SO jealous and can't wait for an opportunity to do likewise.

Comment

Originally posted by LROSE View Post
              If you care to share info on your hunt, please do..
              Would be interested about cost.. but dont want to pry in your business.
              DM me if you can.. Thx !
              Open book here...

We hunted with Bennie Lategan...Lategan Safaris...great family...great trophies. We also like Hunters Hill and we like Tam Safaris...but there's a lot of great outfitters in South Africa.

I'll use my uncle's hunt as an example. My uncle joined my youngest son and me...it was his first trip to Africa.

Bennie had a Plains Game special that was 6 animals for $3,250. My uncle paid a $1,000 deposit in Feb-2016 and the balance after our hunt in Jul-2017. This is common when hunting in Africa...no hidden fees...all inclusive...all food, booze, accomodations, and hunting.

But gratuity is extra...plan on 10% to 15%, but that's up to you.

Airfare..flying coach...is about $1,200...you put that on a credit card 3 to 6 month before the trip and then pay it off. If you go Biz class, it'll be closer to $3,000. We like to fly from Houston to Frankfurt and then to JoBurg...and back.

My uncle had all 6 trophies done as euro mounts and I believe it was approx. $100 per mount. I believe it was another $500 for shipping. But this costs comes 6 to 12 months after the hunt.

I believe its important to note that hunting Africa is a natural installment plan...while the total cost is not chump change, it is affordable and you pay it over the course of about 18 to 24 months.

Our trophies were a bit less common and that came with extra costs. I believe nearly all outfitters list their prices on their websites. But we have found that the prices once you arrive are usually LESS than advertised...this is good!

The Cape Buffalo was the big ticket item, but Bennie had the best deal I had found...it was $10,500.

Comment

Taxidermy is ready!

Planning for my trip next June. How much was the taxidermy for the 2 shoulder mounts and the shipping for the crate? Trying to budget whether to deal with a taxidermist or there.

Mounts look great and was kind of surprised to see removable horns on the kudu skull.

Comment

The shoulder mounts were $750 each and they charged $500 to crate everything.

Shipping was $1,500...we used Speedbird Logistics based in SA to coordinate.

Then you need a logistics company on this side to receive the create. We've always used Coppersmith...they charged another $500.

It use to be cheaper to have the taxidermy work done in SA...that doesn't seem to be the case any more.

Comment

Sounds like my best guess of $2000 for crate and ship is pretty accurate then.

Comment

beautiful trophies

Comment

Sweeeeeet………….

Comment

Working...
                        X