Browning Duratouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

Thank you for posting this. How the heck did I miss this one?

2022-2023 hunting season I did not pull my Browning Maxus out once. Went on a dove hunt this morning and WTH?

My forearm and stock was sticky like it was coated in tree sap. My buddy joked and laughed as he was envisioning me re-enacting Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation trying to read through a magazine. Still had a good time, but blown away when I did a google search to see if anyone else had this issue.

Read on a few forums the Krud Kutter is the way to go, so thany you CTR0022 for giving some details on what you did.
    Yep, I did this years ago and the hydrodip shadow grass that was under the duracoat is till holding up great.

Comment

I have a 2015 crossbow that may have had the same coating on it. It was a mess after 3 years. I used Acetone to remove what I could. Took a good bit of elbow work. But holding up now. It did remove some of the topcoat of the camo in some places.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

Thank you for posting this. How the heck did I miss this one?

2022-2023 hunting season I did not pull my Browning Maxus out once. Went on a dove hunt this morning and WTH?

My forearm and stock was sticky like it was coated in tree sap. My buddy joked and laughed as he was envisioning me re-enacting Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation trying to read through a magazine. Still had a good time, but blown away when I did a google search to see if anyone else had this issue.

Read on a few forums the Krud Kutter is the way to go, so thany you CTR0022 for giving some details on what you did.
        there was a settlement on it. I sent mine in last year and they changed it out. Took about a month. Bad is you have to send whole gun back

Comment

I have a model 70 that had the duratouch finish that turned sticky like that. Browning had me take it to a local service repair dealer and they replaced the stock with a walnut stock, free of charge. They were supposed to replace it with a black synthetic but I asked to upgrade to the walnut and pay the difference. When I picked it up they didn't charge me anything and it had the walnut on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I have a 2015 crossbow that may have had the same coating on it. It was a mess after 3 years. I used Acetone to remove what I could. Took a good bit of elbow work. But holding up now. It did remove some of the topcoat of the camo in some places.
            Does it happen to be a Parker? My Parker has something similar and it's starting get a slight tack to it.

Comment

If you have a set of binos. night vision, range finder etc.. and even sunglasses that get tacky from time and age, most of the time it is a coating that is designed to be grippy and nice to the touch, but it breaks down. You can use alcohol/denatured alcohol to rub the stuff off without damage to the underlying surface. Problem is that it takes some time and elbow grease to get it all off. I have done multiple items already.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

Does it happen to be a Parker? My Parker has something similar and it's starting get a slight tack to it.
                It is a 2015 Carbon Express Intercept Supercoil. Still have it.

Comment

Working...
                X