No announcement yet.

Jewell Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of The older 700 triggers can be adjusted down to satisfactory hunting weights & I really don't mind those 'junk' triggers on the few I haven't replaced...it's just REALLY nice having that adjustment on the Jewell & being able to tune them down at the range for paper work & add some back for the field with a simple tiny allen.

I've also gotten fond of the skinny shoe the Jewells have...combine that with the the fact of learning the company I work for (mfg division) does the actual surface grinding on the side plates for Jewell in San Antonio is sort of a neat plus for me after 30 years of using their triggers.

I've got one Calvin Elite on a model 7 & it is a fine trigger but still prefer the Jewell shoe vs their smooth / rounded...I'm not familiar with the bix n andy & first I've heard of them. The Jewell can get down to 1.5oz if needed for br work so the 10oz isn't all that special, but it's still Impressive to hear of another top shelf in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      The Jewell can get down to 1.5oz if needed for br work so the 10oz isn't all that special, but it's still Impressive to hear of another top shelf in the mix.
      The benchrest version goes down to 1/10 of an ounce.
      The TacSport is 10 oz.

Comment

"For me", It's hard to fathom being able to control anything under 1.5oz & think most would agree if you have spent any amount of time behind one...it's barely enough to have the needed control to get into it & expect it to go off when you want it to while watching flags & mirage. It would be very interesting to try one under 1oz to see if it was even manageable.

I briefly looked at them and thought the design was fascinating. I would need to research it more but would be worried about a hunting trigger getting cruded up...I didn't mind my jewell the previous year & had a hang fire while finally getting a chance on elusive cull we called 'the ghost'. It was my fault & was filthy when I removed the stock. Now all my jewells get a lighter fluid bath at the end of the season. The bix appears to have a bunch more moving parts with the bearing design?? Just something for me to consider in the dusty environment down here.

Comment

One of their advantages was piercing a primer and the Jewell was out of commission but the Bix n' Andy keeps going. No lighter fluid with BnA, brake cleaner only and ran absolutely dry. After you shoot a while with 1.5 oz (1 of my Panda's actually tests at 1oz and was tuned), you do learn that you can rest your finger on it (as light a touch as a butterfly) and you start to feel the slight differences from pull to pull. The Jewell's are usually taken apart and side plates polished to make them more repeatable. The competition Bix n' Andy's don't require it. Supposedly Tony Boyer made the switch, so that says a lot.
          Last edited by XR650RRider; 04-30-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I haven't checked out what's winning short range br on the equipment list on benchrest.com in quite some time & assume they are still posting...I'm actually getting 'a little' back into it with my 6BR & am running a Shilen 1.5oz & quite happy with it. First br trigger other than jewell I've ever had & operated & very similar in feel.

I would imagine there are several top players trying the bix these days...they are sort of a fickle bunch & like testing the newest and greatest gadget.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
              Jewell is great, have 4 of them (2 @ 1-1/2 oz) but for 700 also look at single stage Bix n' Andy TacSport, I've bought 2 of them and I believe they are even more consistent pull to pull as Jewell, the TacSport will go down to 10 oz. I have one waiting on new APR group build, Timney 510 will be yanked upon arrival.
              I have a TacSport in my newest rifle and it’s amazing

Comment

I run Jewell triggers on my custom precision rifles. They hardly see anything other than paper and steel. For all my hunting rifles, I prefer Timney 510. I set them at 2lbs and like the wider trigger shoe for cold fingers during hunting season.

Comment

Jewell is an Omega of the timepiece world as compared to the Timney which is a Seiko.

Comment

Working...
                  X