Looking for a new carry gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
    I currently carry the Glock 36 and used to carry a Shield. Capacity being the main concern. I really like the simplicity and reliability of the Glock while really liking the smaller size of the Shield. I got the shield as when I first started carrying I did not want to have the excuse of comfort or ability to conceal it to cause me not to carry. Once I became more comfortable with carrying I got the Glock 36 which is slightly larger but has the same capacity due to being 45acp. The 365 seemed like the best option with the larger capacity while still being small. However size wasn't as big of an issue upon finding good holsters so that is why the 19 came into the conversation. Also thinking of the 19 as since I already carry the 36 I can always switch back when something more comfortable is in order. Just tough making a decision when you like them all but can only buy 1.
    Since you like the glock, I would get a glock 26 with standard 26 mags, 26 mags with plus 2 extensions, 15 and 17 mags with sleeves for a full grip. Then just by changing mags you will have a gun that can fill several roles and have different levels of concealment very easily. you could have anywhere from 10 to 33 rounds depending on what you were doing

Comment

I either carry a Glock 26 with 19 mags (15 rounds +1) with the x grip on the mag or a 43 with a +4

Comment

I don't know what your personal dress code is, but I can easily conceal a full size M&P .40 or even my G20 with the right holster. Thing is, I wear jeans and an untucked T shirt when it's warm, jeans and a tucked T shirt with a Carhart vest when it's cold. You might not be able to dress that casually, but the N82 IWB holster will conceal almost anything I want to carry.

Comment

I sure like my Glock 43

Comment

I carry the s&w PC shield and love it !!

Comment

For a subcompact pistol, I think the biggest consideration is capacity. None of them are going to shoot or handle like a dream, at least not like a compact size will. The p365 at 10 rounds is a pretty big deal for such a small pistol.

Personally I carry a Glock 23, exact same size as 19, every day and have for over 2 years. Never had an issue carrying for 12+ hours a day. Key to the bigger compact size is a good custom holster and a good belt. Walmart belt special will not cut it. Combine those and you have a great platform for a Glock 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                M&P 2.0 subcompact with Apex trigger kit. If I wanted one skinnier I’d get another G43. I just love the size, capacity, comfort of grip, and trigger of the M&P over the Glock. For ultimate concealablity and reliability with no points given to the other factors, it’s hard to beat a G43

What did you gain with the Apex vs stock trigger, I'm considering one for my 2.0. I keep pulling low left unless I really slow down my shot sequence- would the Apex help that any?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                  Currently looking for a new carry gun. I am thinking about the Glock 19, Glock 43, and Sig Sauer P365. Just looking for recommendation for other to checkout or if you prefer any of these to give some opinions on them. I was leaning towards the Glock 19 but am a little hesitant as I have always carried smaller guns. I just want to make sure I am not setting myself for an excuse to not carry. That is why I was thinking about trying out the P365. Still has decent capacity while being small. I did like shooting it when rented it at the range. Just can't seem to make a final decision.

Are the P365's in stock anywhere?

I wasn't able to find any online when I looked a week ago or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    What did you gain with the Apex vs stock trigger, I'm considering one for my 2.0. I keep pulling low left unless I really slow down my shot sequence- would the Apex help that any?
                    Suffice it to say I have owned 8 and have whittled it down to 4 M&P’s and they all have Apex trigger kits. FSS in my competition guns, and duty springs in my carry guns. The pull is much lighter, smoother and with a cleaner break. And I go with the non-hinged trigger. It will definitely help with your trigger pull, but practicing with a heavy trigger is a good way to rid you of bad habits. They’re just not fun to shoot. Lol

Comment

I have quite a few pistols, but if you took them all and just left me with my Sig P938 I wouldn’t be that upset. Build quality is amazing, it’s small enough to carry 100% of the time, just heavy enough to shoot accurately and comfortable to practice with.

Capacity is 7+1 but carrying an extra mag gives you 15 rounds, which is what most of the “full size” pistols have.

I was against having a safety on my pistol for awhile, but I realized my AR’s have a safety, my hunting shotguns and rifles have a safety, and if you train somewhat regularly it’s a non-issue.

Comment

I keep a kahr cw9 in the truck with a holster and a glock 43 in the Jeep with a holster. I can’t carry I’m the hospital so they stay in the vehicle while I’m there. When I can carry either goes easily inside the waistband. I love them both. I had the kahr first but pretty equivalent in size. I plan on getting one of the new sigs after they have been out a while.

Comment

Working...
                        X