Red Dot’s on Pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBrandum View Post
    That’s some fast shooting! Do you have some pics of your set up?

I really do appreciate all the input. I stopped by the Country gun store in the Houston area today at lunch and was able to see the sig 320 with the Romeo mounted on it. Just the little time I held it at the store I can see where it’s different as you pull it up looking for the dot vs your iron sights, actually the first time I did just looking for the dot I found myself reverting to the iron sight to get it aligned. I am going to keep looking and hope to have a chance to see a few more.
    Just a Glock 17 gen 4 with a Burris Fastfire 3 8MOA on a Burris mount. It has about $20 worth of trigger parts and a custom grip tape job.

Getting used to acquiring and tracking the dot takes some time, but it isn’t too bad.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 04-24-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
      Just a Glock 17 gen 4 with a Burris Fastfire 3 8MOA on a Burris mount. It has about $20 worth of trigger parts and a custom grip tape job.

Getting used to acquiring and tracking the dot takes some time, but it isn’t too bad.
      All that speed has to come from the custom tape...just kidding. Really cool stuff, thanks agin for sharing!

Comment

I know several guys who run an RMR on duty guns. Most are attached to the swat team. They all rave about them. The young guys and the 'aging' guys. I haven't shot one on a pistol but really like them on short ARs

Seeing how the slide isn't milled does that mount work with the rear sight dovetail?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          I know several guys who run an RMR on duty guns. Most are attached to the swat team. They all rave about them. The young guys and the 'aging' guys. I haven't shot one on a pistol but really like them on short ARs

Seeing how the slide isn't milled does that mount work with the rear sight dovetail?

Yes

Comment

One thing to keep in mind on whatever sight you go with is how it is turned on. I have a Burris variant (can't recall which one it is) that is useless in low light situations. It has a self adjusting brightness. It has cost me quite a few shots at critters because I could never find a dot after dark. It's great for range or daytime use.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
              One thing to keep in mind on whatever sight you go with is how it is turned on. I have a Burris variant (can't recall which one it is) that is useless in low light situations. It has a self adjusting brightness. It has cost me quite a few shots at critters because I could never find a dot after dark. It's great for range or daytime use.
              Thanks I will add that to the list when comparing them.

Comment

If this is done is there a standard milling pattern or is it soft manufacturer specific?

Comment

4 Leupold Deltapoint pro's, 3 Burris Fastfire III's, 1 Aimpoint H1. Might say I like a red dot.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                    4 Leupold Deltapoint pro's, 3 Burris Fastfire III's, 1 Aimpoint H1. Might say I like a red dot.

Or that you got bad eyesight haha :-), that is some good looking blasters you got there.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post

Impressive would be an understatement. Beautiful guns, Thanks for sharing.

Comment

My G40 with a RMR is a death machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumping this for my question above. Is there a standard milling pattern done or is it dependent on the brand of optic?

Comment

Originally posted by twostepct View Post
                            Bumping this for my question above. Is there a standard milling pattern done or is it dependent on the brand of optic?
                            Hopefully one of the guys who have them mounted will see this. I have only seen ones that come with them already mounted or are pre drilled.

Comment

Originally posted by TBrandum View Post
                              Hopefully one of the guys who have them mounted will see this. I have only seen ones that come with them already mounted or are pre drilled.
                              It depends on the optic. The Burris, DR, and one of the Vortex sights use the same pattern, at least for the screws.

Comment

It depends on the optic. The Burris, DR, and one of the Vortex sights use the same pattern, at least for the screws.
                                Ok thank you, that's what I needed to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X