No announcement yet.

Thoughts on this rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's exciting Chew! If they don't still offer Highlander, I'd definitely want to seek out someone who would make it Highlander, because then it would match all of my Kifaru packs and accessories.

BTW, would you consider renting it out during some mid to late October in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Mark, see link in first post. It's got all the specs.

Just got off the phone with Garrett at APR. Was surprised to have a voicemail this morning asking me to call to go over a few things on my rifle build.

They worked me a good deal on a Curtis custom action instead of the 700 action.

Also waiting to see if McMillan still has Kryptek available. If not, gotta make another choice.

Great company.

Can't wait.
      Good deal.

Comment

Talked to them again. They do have the Kryptek McMillan stock. So it looks like Axiom action. He said if the barrel is in stock the rifle should be ready much quicker than I thought.

Comment

Good deal Lt

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Bobby! You deserve it for sure! enjoy it my Friend!

Comment

Nice!

So on a related note is an Axiom action better than the 700? Whats the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                Nice!

So on a related note is an Axiom action better than the 700? Whats the difference?

It’s a pretty long list of improvements over a 700 but the short version is:

Very smooth custom action with tighter tolerances
                3 lug bolt
                60* bolt throw
                Screwed & pinned pic rail
                Rollerball tipped cocking piece to reduce drag

And still fits 700 foot print so the same aftermarket stocks etc can be used.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  It’s a pretty long list of improvements over a 700 but the short version is:

Very smooth custom action with tighter tolerances
                  3 lug bolt
                  60* bolt throw
                  Screwed & pinned pic rail
                  Rollerball tipped cocking piece to reduce drag

And still fits 700 foot print so the same aftermarket stocks etc can be used.
                  Thanks Brent. I didn't have a clue. [emoji16]

Comment

You will like it [emoji6]

Comment

And thank you from me as well. That’s interesting stuff because just looking at them I thought they were 700 actions.

Comment

Chew do you mind me asking which rifle they’re building for you (i.e. Maverick, Ranger, Hunter, or custom) and what the cost is? You can PM me if you’d orefer, I just want to know what to expect when I pull the trigger on one.

Comment

Chew do you mind me asking which rifle they’re building for you (i.e. Maverick, Ranger, Hunter, or custom) and what the cost is? You can PM me if you’d orefer, I just want to know what to expect when I pull the trigger on one.
                          Link is in the first post. Mountain rifle, 7mm08, threaded barrel, substitute Curtis axiom action instead of Rem 700. Cost is North of 3k without optics

Comment

And thank you from me as well. That’s interesting stuff because just looking at them I thought they were 700 actions.

Many of their rifles are based on 700 actions but the Axion is a true upgrade with a small extra cost when considering the cost of trueing up the 700

Comment

Working...
                            X