No announcement yet.

.260 favorite powder / bullet combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got moving this morning on my .260 stuff. Placed an order with Midway for my brass (Starline) and bullets (SGK 140 grain). I'm going to pick up some Reloder 26 locally. I just noticed today - there is no "a" in the way they spell Reloder. Hoping Powderhorn in San Antonio or Cabelas in Buda has it. I doubt Bass Pro in San Antonio will have it, but I'll check there as well.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

All the best,
    Glenn
    Attached Files

Comment

Bass pro does carry the reloader line and the last few times I’ve been in my local BPS they have had 26 here around Houston.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Can’t say that is has. Not sure I would be able to tell much in a bolt action though.

All of my guns clean easily when I do actually clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Interesting thought I just had. In a bolt action, powder residue is basically lube. I wonder if it actually helps prevent copper fouling and keeps accuracy and velocities up longer like moly-coated bullets.

Anyone care to do a test?

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
          Finally got moving this morning on my .260 stuff. Placed an order with Midway for my brass (Starline) and bullets (SGK 140 grain). I'm going to pick up some Reloder 26 locally. I just noticed today - there is no "a" in the way they spell Reloder. Hoping Powderhorn in San Antonio or Cabelas in Buda has it. I doubt Bass Pro in San Antonio will have it, but I'll check there as well.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

All the best,
          Glenn
          Check with Nagel’s and A Place to Shoot also.

Comment

Honestly I would try 26. In QL it shows a lot of promise and it’s turning out better numbers in the 6.5 CM (gag) than H4350.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mike,
            Do you have any reloading data for 26? I've looked in my Sierra Manual, the Alliant online data, and AmmoGuide, and none of them list data for the 26. I don't have QL (I have all Macs, which QL doesn't work on).
            All the best,
            Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
              Never understood why everyone wants to bog the .260 down with heavy bullets for deer and hogs at 400 yards or less. 41.5-42 grains of Benchmark behind a 100 gr. Partition or TTSX is good for 3350 fps and will kill anything we have in these parts. As an added bonus it'll shoot way flatter in the 50-350 yard range where 99.9% of deer are killed.

..but but but I’m planning on shooting this thing out to 4352 yds even though I don’t have anywhere to shoot past 200yds and have never shot at an animal over 150. I just want to be prepared for that .00001% possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bustacap View Post
                Check with Nagel’s and A Place to Shoot also.
                Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                  Mike,

Do you have any reloading data for 26? I've looked in my Sierra Manual, the Alliant online data, and AmmoGuide, and none of them list data for the 26. I don't have QL (I have all Macs, which QL doesn't work on).

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn I apologize for the late response. I’ll look when I get him this evening.

BTW all of my computers are MACs too. I run Windows in a virtual environment for the few programs that are windows based.

Comment

Glenn have you measured to see how far out you can seat the Bullet or do you just want me to run it at 2.800”?

Comment

Glenn have you measured to see how far out you can seat the Bullet or do you just want me to run it at 2.800”?

I have not. I need to check that. I’ll see about making a modified case this week (busy week) and I’ll check it. Sorry, I forgot about that. Thanks Mike.
                      All the best,
                      Glenn

Comment

Working...
                      X