Stock(unmodified) Long Range Magnum Rifles under $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
    I looked at one of these at Cabelas. Seemed like a nice gun. Why so much difference in price between this gun and the Sendero?

My only guess would be because of no fluted barrels, it’s not stainless steel, and a different stock I believe. Trigger swap is a must tho, I think mine cost 130 bucks or so and had a buddy put it in for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I looked at one of these at Cabelas. Seemed like a nice gun. Why so much difference in price between this gun and the Sendero?
      B&C stock versus HS stock is a 125-150$ portion
      Fluting and other aesthetics is the rest

Comment

Savage 110 or 12, can’t beat them.

Comment

Remington 700 LR, just change the trigger

Comment

Thanks for the info. Was familiar with the Sako and the Savage, but never heard of the Bergara. I like the looks of the rifle, have to do a little more research. Thanks.
            You will like this rifle. A co-worker just bought one in 308 and out of the box with factory ammo it is shooting in the .600s at 100 yds.
            Also Bergara is a barrel maker for a lot of other rifle manufactures.

Comment

I agree with the above. I'd look at some of the following.

Bergara
              Savage
              Tikka / Sako A7
              Browning-tough to find one in your budget and not a lot of love here.

Remington R5 (24 inch barrel is a negative on a 300wm imo)
              Older Sendero
              Long Range...this is the steal of the group at $650 with a B&C stock. Replace the trigger and tune some hand loads should give good results.
              All is not lost with the big R just because they're in BR. They will still continue to make guns and will hopefully stay in business. Their problem is big ownership only looking at the bottom line and their inability to keep up with the market place.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                I agree with the above. I'd look at some of the following.

Bergara
                Savage
                Tikka / Sako A7
                Browning-tough to find one in your budget and not a lot of love here.

Remington R5 (24 inch barrel is a negative on a 300wm imo)
                Older Sendero
                Long Range...this is the steal of the group at $650 with a B&C stock. Replace the trigger and tune some hand loads should give good results.
                All is not lost with the big R just because they're in BR. They will still continue to make guns and will hopefully stay in business. Their problem is big ownership only looking at the bottom line and their inability to keep up with the market place.
                Yeah it's a shame to see some of the junk Remington is putting out right now. I've handled a very nice 700 in 7mag, so I know what they once were. Problem with some of these is there's not to many gun shops around here that keep these on the shelf were you can actually put your hands on one before taking the plunge. The Bergara in a 300 win doesn't seem to common, couldn't find one online for sale.

Comment

I would look at the higher end Savages(not axis), sako, or Bergara. For just a little more (1200) you could get a Christensen arms Mesa and be good to go.

Comment

Bps in Houston has the bergera as well as the others listed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

You can get a barreled 300wm Rem 5r for 600 drop in a stock of your choice.

Comment

Not to be too forward, but i have a Savage LRH in 338 Lapua with a brake a 2.5 boxes of ammunition for sale in the classifieds. Definitely bigger than 300 WinMag, but the brake should make it pretty reasonable. Good luck in your search.

Comment

I've got a stainless fluted Sendero 7 mag in a McMillan A5 stock with m5 bottom metal and AI mag I'd sell. Let me know if you're interested.

Comment

600yds isn’t long range. Just about any Savage, Ruger, or Remington factory rifle with a decent stock will do all you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
                              You can get a barreled 300wm Rem 5r for 600 drop in a stock of your choice.
                              Where

Comment

I had a 700 long range in 7 mag and it was a great gun. It shot better than I could

Comment

Working...
                                X