Dick’s Sporting Goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    While I agree with your first point about magazine vs clip, I don’t agree with the 21 year old statement. People should educate themselves on the difference so they don’t would like a fool when discussing it.

How many mass shootings has been committed by under 21 year olds? I can only think of this one off the top of my head.

Your final arguments are strong though. If the SC has ruled that any rights extend to minors or children then they all should extend or not. Can’t pick and choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    How can you believe that under 21 year olds not having access to guns won't cut down on the school shootings? I don't have any numbers but just from off the top of my head I can say the majority of school shootings have been perpetrated by under 21 year old youth who had their panties in a wad over social issues at school. Whether real or imagined.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      And Mike, I do want to save at least one life. And I believe we can do it without sacrificing our second amendment rights. First though we have to get our illustrious leaders to report to NICS properly and promptly and then actually prosecute criminals based on the laws already on the books. Punish them in a swift and severe manor and do it consistently.

Gary I’m not willing to give one bit on this stuff. It will make ZERO difference. Raising the age to 21 will accomplish nothing. 18-20 year olds are going and buying weapons legally and mowing people down. Just ain’t happening.

You know what I have in regards to guns. And while I don’t own a single bump stock or binary trigger I dang sure support the ability for the people that do want them to be able to have them.

Comment

No they aren't all buying them. Many of them have access to them because of irresponsible parents who believe their kid isn't capable of that. Their kid has been to the gun range with them and knows about guns safety.

Comment

No they aren't all buying them. Many of them have access to them because of irresponsible parents who believe their kid isn't capable of that. Their kid has been to the gun range with them and knows about guns safety.

Then I don’t understand your position of raising the age of purchase to 21.

Comment

Because I believe the ones that do, like this last one, could have saved 17 lives.

Comment

Many local gun stores who would rather have my business. Its sad this is where we are now. Texting and driving kills, drinking and driving kills, no one talks about making cell phones and alcohol against the law.

Comment

Actually they do have laws against drinking and driving. Texting and driving. My first girlfriend died in a drinking and driving accident. She legally bought the alcohol when the drinking age was still 18. No, she wasn't my girlfriend at the time of her death. She had moved up to a better class of loser by then.

Comment

Actually they do have laws against drinking and driving. Texting and driving. My first girlfriend died in a drinking and driving accident. She legally bought the alcohol when the drinking age was still 18. No, she wasn't my girlfriend at the time of her death. She had moved up to a better class of loser by then.
                  They have laws against murder too. Your proving our point that laws do not stop anyone except the law abiding.

Comment

Because I believe the ones that do, like this last one, could have saved 17 lives.

Sorry I just don’t agree. We can’t knee jerk react to actions of a lunatic especially when stripping folks of constitutional rights. Especially when all the signs were there but ignored.

I’ve said it many times over, we can choose to to be free or choose to be subordinates to our government in HOPES of safety. Although that hasn’t worked well at all through history.

I will choose freedom every time.

Comment

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can yell fire in a crowded theater.
                      Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can have human sacrifice as part of your worship.
                      The fourth amendment doesn't say they can't search you or your home. Just there has to be a probable cause and due process.
                      I have never sat on a jury where the jurors are impartial. In fact our system allows strikes so both the prosecution and defense and get as partial a jury as they can.

Changing nothing makes no sense. I'm sure you've heard the old adage about what insanity is. Doing the same things but expecting different results.

Comment

It's not about Safety vs Freedom. It's about being responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Sorry I just don’t agree. We can’t knee jerk react to actions of a lunatic especially when stripping folks of constitutional rights. Especially when all the signs were there but ignored.

I’ve said it many times over, we can choose to to be free or choose to be subordinates to our government in HOPES of safety. Although that hasn’t worked well at all through history.

I will choose freedom every time.

This !

Comment

It's not about Safety vs Freedom. It's about being responsible.
                            With all due respect, are you under the impression that the shooter would not have acquired illegally if he had to ?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              With all due respect, are you under the impression that the shooter would not have acquired illegally if he had to ?
                              No I'm not. I know many guns used in crimes are stolen or bought without proper process. I also think the reason guns are used in crimes is because they are easy to obtain. How many get stolen out of pick up trucks in Texas alone every year? You can't stop a thief if they are determined but if you don't at least keep your guns locked up where your kids, or their friends, don't have unsupervised access, then you are part of the problem.

Comment

I don't claim to have the answers. I don't believe digging in my heels and saying do nothing.

Before anything is conceded I believe the government has to do it's full potential to use and support the systems and laws we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X