No announcement yet.

Dick’s Sporting Goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't own an AR, don't need an AR and see no reason to have one. With that said if the law allows you to own one then I will not be critical of that right; nor will I attack you because we don't agree.

Comment

Started shopping there a while back. Guess I'll be looking for a new store. I see no need to give my money to a company run by spineless, politically correct people who are willing to make such compromises. JMO...

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
        Ensuring that nothing is missed on the background check when they look through history, humans make mistakes and so do computers. Like I said, I gave my personal opinion, I never said it was right or what needed to be done. Maybe I am wrong. I did not say my opinion is correct but we as gun owners will have to bend somewhere if we don’t want to lose our rights all together.
        The NRA (As others have posted), has long advocated that mental stability needs to be addressed when selling guns.

In the case of the Florida shooter, people did report him, and people dropped the ball. What can you standardize to make sure it doesn't happen again? Say we take away AR15's. What about all that are currently on the market? What about all the AK 47's? Drugs are illegal too, but they pour across the border like water. Don't you think that would happen with guns too?

Folks need to take a step back and take a deep breath. Yes, there needs to be changes made. Like the people who dropped the ball need to be prosecuted and put in prison. The police who refused to go into the school need to be prosecuted unless that was their policy. Then the policy itself needs to be changed too.

Btw, to the person who said you don't need a 30 round mag for hunting. You ever hunt hogs? I **** sure want 29 rounds to follow that first one if it started charging me.

Comment

We just got in Waco. I WILL NOT BE GOING THERE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
            That's funny!
            Do you need a 30 round clip to kill an animal? If so you might want to learn how to shoot better. I own an ar but I don't think it's practical for hunting. I thought it would be good to kill pigs, but it's not better than my bolt action.
            I don't buy guns from Dicks and I don't hold it against them for not wanting to sell ar's.
            I'd be just fine if we didn't have ar's, violent video games or social media.
            I'm not saying ban any guns! If the dem's get one they will probably go after all of them.

I think you are missing the real point to the Second Amendment. It doesn’t have a lick to do with hunting. Matter of fact, I’d venture to say that the majority of AR platform rifles out there, just sit in the safe in case “that day” ever comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Hard to boycott the dump when you don't go in there.
              Yup

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                please move to the SNOWFLAKE THREAD .
                I am very far from being a snow flake
                But do think that strict background checks are in order, the USA has way to many pharmaceutical drugs floating around, we have many mentally unstable people living UTR guns are not the problem it is mental health
                We do have a very complex problem that needs to be addressed
                I believe if we address both teen and adult mental health care it would go along way !
                " some people can't see the forest, because of the trees "

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  I am very far from being a snow flake
                  But do think that strict background checks are in order, the USA has way to many pharmaceutical drugs floating around, we have many mentally unstable people living UTR guns are not the problem it is mental health
                  We do have a very complex problem that needs to be addressed
                  I believe if we address both teen and adult mental health care it would go along way !
                  " some people can't see the forest, because of the trees "
                  There's no doubt that there is a prescription drug problem, but the NICS system can't catch what has not been submitted to it. The laws/checks are already in place, but offenses need to be submitted.

Comment

X2 except last part

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    The NRA (As others have posted), has long advocated that mental stability needs to be addressed when selling guns.

In the case of the Florida shooter, people did report him, and people dropped the ball. What can you standardize to make sure it doesn't happen again? Say we take away AR15's. What about all that are currently on the market? What about all the AK 47's? Drugs are illegal too, but they pour across the border like water. Don't you think that would happen with guns too?

Folks need to take a step back and take a deep breath. Yes, there needs to be changes made. Like the people who dropped the ball need to be prosecuted and put in prison. The police who refused to go into the school need to be prosecuted unless that was their policy. Then the policy itself needs to be changed too.

Btw, to the person who said you don't need a 30 round mag for hunting. You ever hunt hogs? I **** sure want 29 rounds to follow that first one if it started charging me.
                    You make perfect argument except for the 30 round clips needed for hogs

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      You make perfect argument except for the 30 round clips needed for hogs
                      I bet there are more hogs killed with follow up shots from an AR than from bolt guns.

Comment

****'s spokes person on the news spewing caca...
                        1. No more selling Semi Automatic AR "Type" guns
                        2. No one under 21 can buy ANY gun
                        3. Will no longer sell High Capacity magazines.

They said Dicks wants to be part of the SOLUTION and stop being part of the problem...
                        all this because the idiot bought a shotgun last year from Dicks that he didn't even use in the shooting...

That store sucks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
                          That's funny!
                          Do you need a 30 round clip to kill an animal? If so you might want to learn how to shoot better. I own an ar but I don't think it's practical for hunting. I thought it would be good to kill pigs, but it's not better than my bolt action.
                          I don't buy guns from Dicks and I don't hold it against them for not wanting to sell ar's.
                          I'd be just fine if we didn't have ar's, violent video games or social media.
                          I'm not saying ban any guns!
                          If the dem's get one they will probably go after all of them.
                          You didn't miss contradicting yourself by much there. Why do you hate freedom so much?
                          Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                          I don't own an AR, don't need an AR and see no reason to have one. With that said if the law allows you to own one then I will not be critical of that right; nor will I attack you because we don't agree.
                          This is how people need to think about guns.

I was in a Richards saturday and they had ars.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't get it. When people are killed in a drunk driving accident we blame the drunk driver. When people are killed in a bombing we blame the bomber. But when there is a shooting, we blame the gun?

This is the same mentality as banning large sodas because some people are fat. Blaming the object not the person.
                              Last edited by Neck; 02-28-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I don't have any AR and I dont really like them but I still dont believe in banning any firearm.It's completely ineffective in preventing any mass murders.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X