No announcement yet.

Dick’s Sporting Goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw an email from dicks. I unsubscribed and left them a comment of why. My response was because they are discontinuing the sale of AR15 to law abiding citizens

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can yell fire in a crowded theater.
      Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can have human sacrifice as part of your worship.
      The fourth amendment doesn't say they can't search you or your home. Just there has to be a probable cause and due process.
      I have never sat on a jury where the jurors are impartial. In fact our system allows strikes so both the prosecution and defense and get as partial a jury as they can.

Changing nothing makes no sense. I'm sure you've heard the old adage about what insanity is. Doing the same things but expecting different results.

Sorry my friend, we are just gonna have to disagree on this one. I’m not willing to budge one bit on taking the right of buying a weapon legally and take away their right to self defense.

Ain’t happening. If there was a rash of 18-20 year olds legally purchasing guns and creating havoc with them I might think differently. But that’s not the case and you are looking in the wrong place for the solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
        I don’t think raising the age would have any effect but, on the other hand, maybe I’m wrong. It’s just not an “infringement” on anyone’s rights to raise the age by 3. You can argue the logic of raising it but the Constitutional argument is hot air. I can’t remember hearing anyone complain about the age required to buy a rifle prior to this. Definitely not any threads on the GS bemoaning the horrible infringement of having to wait until you’re 18 to buy ANY rifle. The debate here is simply about raising the age by a few years - that’s an adjustment, NOT an infringement. I don’t hear anyone on here complaining that felons can’t buy guns. Well, fellas, if you’re going to go by the Constitution verbatim, then you should be equally (actually, more) outraged by the infringement of people’s 2nd Amendment rights simply because they committed a crime. At least be consistent if you’re going to take that stance. Same goes for infringing on the rights of the mentally ill. Nowhere in the Constitution, particularly in the 2nd Amendment, does it make a carve-out for felons or mentally ill or ANYONE. That’s the basis for your claim that raising the age limit lies- correct? You’re saying that age isn’t a determining factor, right? Well, then why not let a 10 year old walk away from his mom and go buy a gun at Walmart without her knowledge or permission? His/her rights “SHALL NOT be infringed.”

I actually have a bigger problem with the NRA and most 2A proponents and most “Constitutionalists” who haven’t fought against the stripping of people’s rights for criminal convictions. I believe that EVERY American has the right to vote and own guns. Period. End of story. The Constitution says it. Where were all these now horrified people when bills have been proposed to restore voting rights to ex-felons who’d completed their sentences? What is it about being a criminal that makes you unable to make a good decision about representatives or policies? Where was everyone when Congress defunded the ATF program to have your rights to a firearm restored following the completion of a criminal sentence? The government infringes on people’s rights ALL the time with very little mention from people - until it’s in THEIR arena. Then the hypocrisy rages.

People look back on past generations with such nostalgia and lament the freedoms we ‘used’ to have but, heck, the age of 18 was determined to be the age required to purchase a firearm back in 1968. I don’t remember reading about a lot of outcry about the “infringement” on people’s rights back then either?

Like I said, I doubt anything would change due to the age limit modification but the 2A argument is weak. It won’t hold up in court for the reasons I enumerated. It’s simply a modification of a existing and long-held practice.

Lots of us have kids that shoot ARs and are little. My youngest got his first at age 6. He’s been shooting it ever since. He’s 12 now but still can’t go buy one himself. Is he being infringed on? Yeah probably, but where were all of you 3 weeks ago? How come you weren’t raising hell about his rights then? A change in age has nothing to do with banning anything or preventing kids from shooting them or having them......just has to do with buying them on their own.

If they they DO change the age, they better make an exception for military and first-responders. That’s what they ought to do for the drinking age also. If you’re old enough to fight you ought to be able to buy a beer or a pistol or an AR.

Flame away, Mike! Still love you like a brother!! [emoji1][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No flames here brother, I just think you are misguided.

I absolutely, positively agree WE collectively over the years have slowly allowed out rights to be eroded. When do you stand up and say enough is enough? If the Supreme Court has stated that some constitutional rights enumerate to every citizen, then how does not every right enumerate equally?

The Government doesn’t give rights, those come from elsewhere, the government historically only exists to restrict rights and the constitution is the only thing protecting us from having no rights. You cannot just willingly give up rights in the hopes of safety. You just can’t. Eventually we won’t have any left.

Comment

You are probably right Mike. I will defer to your good judgement. I'm pretty sure you are more on top of these things than I. Thank you for your logic.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
            the libtards have just introduced a bill. I don't think it will pass, but with the majority of americans being convinced AR15's are super death weapons, you never know. The NRA posted a message saying that the core of the bill is banning the sale, import, and TRANSFER of any semiauto weapon that can take a magazine, and any semi auto rifle that can take a magazine over 10 rounds.

You can’t thank Trump for that. He told Feinstein to attach her bill to the one that is being considered currently.

I don’t know whether to think that was a genius move on his part knowing it won’t pass or a stupid one knowing how worked up everyone is currently. He also talked about taking weapons from “mentally ill” people BEFORE due process and let them prove their mental capacity to get them back from the government. All I know is I didn’t like any of what he said today.

Everybody better be contacting their representative if you give a crap about this.

Comment

Sounds like they are running low on “Balls”!

Comment

Mike I don't think our reps give a rats *** what we think or want. I think they are bought and paid for.

Comment

How can you believe that under 21 year olds not having access to guns won't cut down on the school shootings? I don't have any numbers but just from off the top of my head I can say the majority of school shootings have been perpetrated by under 21 year old youth who had their panties in a wad over social issues at school. Whether real or imagined.
                  Simple.
                  The ones doing the shootings dont really give a **** about rules and laws telling them they cant do things...like possess a firearm on a school campus...or...shoot people.
                  Think theyll give a **** about a law that says their too young?

Comment

Mike I don't think our reps give a rats *** what we think or want. I think they are bought and paid for.

I agree with this especially on the federal level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I still send them emails because I'm naive enough to hope they listen.

Comment

What is the definition of “assault type weapon”? I mean, other than strictly ‘target/paper’ shooting, aren’t all guns capable of shooting live ammo, assault weapons?
                        Other than that question, it’s their store, they can do whatever the heck they want with it.

Comment

Walmarts joining in...again.
                          Walmart says it will no longer sell firearms and ammunition to people younger than 21.

Comment

Could Walmart be sued for some type of discrimination for that? Like the Christian baker and gay couple that wanted a cake?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Walmarts joining in...again.
                              Walmart says it will no longer sell firearms and ammunition to people younger than 21.
                              Well Walmart too can stick it up their ***. I’ve always imagined trying to go through life without going to Walmart lol. Some of my best memories are my buddies and I hunting together our senior year and just out of high school. We’d always hit Walmart whether it be shot shells, 22, or varmint bullets. That sucks!
                              Last edited by hweissert; 02-28-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Thought this was funny

Comment

Working...
                                X