X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cartridges
    Attached Files

Comment

That this should have exactly the same ballistics as a 458 SOCOM. I looked up load data for a SOCOM, for Reloader number 7, with a 300 gr. bullet, the suggested powder charges seem to range from 35 gr. to 36.5 gr.

Interesting round, not sure if I have ever heard of it before. Should be a good pig gun, judging from the two shots and two dead pigs, I would say it makes a good pig gun.

Comment

very nice weapon

Comment

The 458 x 2 is the 458 Winchester Mag brass cut down from 2.5" long to 2" long. It was a popular cartridge conversion for Siamese Mauser actions. They were not as strong of an action as the 98 Mausers so they were rebarreled to cartridges of lower pressures. It is very comparable (actually same loading data ) to a 450 Marlin. I guess these were a "Guide Gun" before Marlin came out with them.
          Last edited by oneeye; 02-25-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the picture help Drycreek!

Comment

Thanks to everybody for the compliments on the gun. As far as the condition of the hog, well, I wasn't going to let that stop me from killing her!!

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                thanks to everybody for the compliments on the gun. As far as the condition of the hog, well, i wasn't going to let that stop me from killing her!!
                #skinnyhogsmustdie2

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                  Thanks to everybody for the compliments on the gun. As far as the condition of the hog, well, I wasn't going to let that stop me from killing her!!
                  The two different pigs both represent my favorite kind. Dead...

Comment

Sweet baby Jesus. That is awesome.

Comment

Great looking rifle sir!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                      X