Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Settle an argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wytex View Post
    No Henry and I believe the Rossi is discontinued. Great rifles though, we have 2 of them.

Bighorn Armory makes a really nice one for about $3,000. You can get one from a shop in Oklahoma.
    I have never heard of them so went to google. That Trapper in 460 S&W may be the hottest thing i've ever seen. Out of the range on what i'm willing to pay for a levergun though.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Bro, you can't win an argument with a FIL... change the subject on him... talk about politics... You'll do better!
      ____ That!!! Stand your ground, don't give in. No Retreat, No Surrender!!!

Comment

Sorry I think I misspoke on the Rossi, Puma did make the Rossi now Braztech does, Taurus is parent company.

Some gun shop in Oklahoma has some Bighorns in stock for about $2,700 I think. I really want one too in 460 but can't justify the cost right now.
        W D Guns LLC Alva , OK should have some in stock if you want to go handle one.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
          Sorry I think I misspoke on the Rossi, Puma did make the Rossi now Braztech does, Taurus is parent company.
          Actually Rossi made the Puma. Rossi is the manufacturing Company and Puma is the model of the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
            I did the google search with the same results NO. Big Horn and Rossi are the only 2 that I know of but my FIL is arguing with me about it.
            My father in-law, told me a story about how he used to have a Winchester 94 in 375. That the 375 was a elephant gun, then how well it was as a deer gun, but much more than needed. I informed him that the 375 Wincher was a necked up 30-30 case, with a 375 caliber bullet, in the case. He argued with me for quite a while on that one. Did not believe me till he went to a local range and gun shop and asked them.

During the same conversation, he told me how expensive it was to hand load ammo, that it made no sense to hand load ammo. I informed him, that if you knew what you were doing, you could load ammo very cheap. More so for hand guns, which was all he had at the time and mainly what he was talking about. The guys at his gun shop/range set him straight on that one also. It took a couple of months, then it took him about six to seven months to tell me he had learned I was correct and that he had started hand loading all of the ammo for their pistols. Then it turned into a case of every time we talked, he wanted to tell me the latest deal he found on primers, bullets and powder and how much he had gotten the price to per round.

I was very surprised he ever admitted either of those, he is quite hard headed and set in his ways.

Comment

You're right Rossi made the Puma now Braztech makes them.

Saw a nice Bighorn 500 at the local gun show yesterday. Stocking dealer out of Rawlins, Wy had one for sale,$2,499, If it were a 460 we'd probably be shooting it today. Very nicely put together and good looking wood for stock.

Comment

Working...
              X