Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Windage adjustment maxed out. Still 5" off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a brand new Savage Model 11 in 6.5 with Nikon BDC scope. Went to zero it today. Started at 25 yds to make sure it would at least hit paper. Got it on paper at 4X after about 7-8 shots. It was shooting waaaaay right and low. Anyrate, go back to 100 yds. 1st shot 6" high, 7" right. 2nd shot same. Adjust elevation down but turn windage just a few clicks and it is maxed out. Ended up getting elevation perfect but I am still about 5" right and no room for adjustments. What do I or can I do ? Havent looked real close to make sure mount holes are aligned/drilled properly. Will check that tomorrow.

If you installed the scope, did you make sure that the elevation and windage knobs were turned to the middle of each adjustment. Sometimes people play with them before they are installed or purchased. If you checked this and it was ok then you can shim the scope in the scope rings to bring it over. Always shim it a little too much and bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by HighCountry View Post
      If you installed the scope, did you make sure that the elevation and windage knobs were turned to the middle of each adjustment. Sometimes people play with them before they are installed or purchased. If you checked this and it was ok then you can shim the scope in the scope rings to bring it over. Always shim it a little too much and bring it back.
      Rifle came from the factory with scope already mounted.

Comment

Sounds like the receiver was not drilled and tapped square. Something has your scope not square with the barrel.

Comment

What kind of mounts did it come with?

Comment

Bought a 17 a few years ago could drive nails at 100 yards but couldn't hit anything with it when hunting. Turned out the scope mounts holes were not even close to square. Took me a year to finally notice :-)

Comment

If it was me I would take the scope, rings, and bases off and re mount. See what that gets you. Or you could take it to a gunsmith and have them check it out. If those don't work I'd be calling savage.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                What kind of mounts did it come with?

This.

Are these windage adjustable mounts?

Comment

Does the scope have a zero stop.

Comment

Burris signature

Comment

Originally posted by HighCountry View Post
                      What difference would that make?

Nm I guess it might have windage on the ring
                      Last edited by TexMax; 02-09-2018, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        This.

Are these windage adjustable mounts?
                        Stationary mounts

Comment

Originally posted by Jmay View Post
                          Does the scope have a zero stop.
                          Im not sure what that means? What exactly is a zero stop?

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                            Im not sure what that means? What exactly is a zero stop?
                            I have not seen zero stops on windage.

Zero stop is a set you can do so when you bring it back from adjusting elevation it stops automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                              Rifle came from the factory with scope already mounted.
                              I don’t mean to spend your money for you, but you’re probably better off just starting with a new scope.

Comment

Working...
                              X