About fed up with my AR- Accuracy issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
    It may be hard to get better than 3 or 4 MOA with a one power red.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    3x9 vortex crossfire is the optic

Comment

We really need to know the optic he is using

If it's appropriate for shooting small groups, them has he had a friend who he knows can shoot groups try the rifle?

The first simple and cheapest thing to try is a free float rail.

Then a high end barrel.

Comment

We really need to know the optic he is using

If it's appropriate for shooting small groups, them has he had a friend who he knows can shoot groups try the rifle?

The first simple and cheapest thing to try is a free float rail.

Then a high end barrel.

I posted the optics above your last post. Nobody else has fired the gun. Range was short handed today, otherwise I was going to have one of their staff shoot it

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B19B55B0-ECDE-4E3A-B068-F4A4F670DBB2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	24527632

This is a three shot group from a cheap Anderson build in 300 blackout from a 11 year old kid at 100 yards

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
            Length increases FPS as stated earlier but has no real bearing on accuracy.
            If anything, a shorter barrel will flex less at the muzzle than a long barrel, possibly being more accurate, all other things being equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              3x9 vortex crossfire is the optic
              I apologize for missing this.

What mount is it in?

Are the rings tightened to spec?

What about the mount to the rifle?

You might check that because sometimes they come loose. I figure we ought to run to the basic steps before you go buy a free-float rail. Although that is probably something that you need and will most likely improve accuracy somewhat

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                [ATTACH]894104[/ATTACH]

This is a three shot group from a cheap Anderson build in 300 blackout from a 11 year old kid at 100 yards
                Nice group. Outstanding. Looks likev you got the one Anderson barrel out of 10,000 that will do that. Who makes Anderson barrels?

Comment

Nice group. Outstanding. Looks likev you got the one Anderson barrel out of 10,000 that will do that. Who makes Anderson barrels?

Large barrel, not an Anderson. The comment was directed at the need for longer barrels for accuracy.

Your expectations are to high for the quality gun you bought.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                    If anything, a shorter barrel will flex less at the muzzle than a long barrel, possibly being more accurate, all other things being equal.

It’s really a roll of the dice. I’ve seen a 30 inch barrel shoot groups you wouldn’t believe. As mentioned I’ve also seen 16 inch barrels shoot one hole. I really think it boils down to how lucky you get with the barrel. With better manufacturers there is less variance. But without a doubt there is less (different) flex with shorter barrels than longer

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                      Large barrel, not an Anderson. The comment was directed at the need for longer barrels for accuracy.

Your expectations are to high for the quality gun you bought.
                      Lol. Oh sorry. I thought that group was too good for an anderson barrel.

Comment

Barrel length does not matter.

Quality of barrels does matter.

As clearly stated above, what you get with the higher end Barrel manufacturer such as Krieger, Bart lines, lothar Walther, and the others is that a higher percentage of their barrels will shoot well and it is not as much of a crapshoot as it is with cheap barrels where 1 and 10,000 they shoot a one-hole group

Comment

Barrel length does not matter.

Quality of barrels does matter.

As clearly stated above, what you get with the higher end Barrel manufacturer such as Krieger, Bart lines, lothar Walther, and the others is that a higher percentage of their barrels will shoot well and it is not as much of a crapshoot as it is with cheap barrels where 1 and 10,000 they shoot a one-hole group

When I build my Grendel upper usually he cost is around $1200 with half being the barrel.

Some barrel mfg you pay for a name (Llija) and some are relatively unknown and you get amazing quality for a reasonable price (Satern). There is a reason a barrel from one mfg costs $600 and another costs $99.

Just like people that will buy a sickly calf because it is $200 cheaper then spend $400 to end up with a calf that can puts on weight slower.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            It’s really a roll of the dice. I’ve seen a 30 inch barrel shoot groups you wouldn’t believe. As mentioned I’ve also seen 16 inch barrels shoot one hole. I really think it boils down to how lucky you get with the barrel. With better manufacturers there is less variance. But without a doubt there is less (different) flex with shorter barrels than longer

Sierracharlie out…
                            There’s an interesting article I read a while back on barrel whip that had a pretty interesting theory on barrel harmonics and whip. Dont know how accurate it is, but it’s pretty cool if true.

https://www.shootingsoftware.com/barrel.htm

Comment

At one time ER Shaw made barrels for Anderson, or so I have been told. To the OP, your gonna have to buy a higher quality complete upper or take your upper to someone and let them put a better barrel and a free floated hand guard on it. The lower you have with the new trigger in it is just fine. My personal preference is the GI issue buttstock as I don’t think much of collapsible ones.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                                There’s an interesting article I read a while back on barrel whip that had a pretty interesting theory on barrel harmonics and whip. Dont know how accurate it is, but it’s pretty cool if true.

https://www.shootingsoftware.com/barrel.htm

If it’s along the lines of other topics I’ve seen about it, it’s probably very good info. It has been proven that there is a correlation between barrel harmonics, accuracy and even finding the Optimum Barrel Time (OBT - the time the projectile spends in the barrel as its fired)

Personally I don’t have time to tinker with calculations like that nor do I want to. I prefer hitting bang switch too much.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X