Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best single shot one hole...

Group gun at 300+.... and go

There aren’t too many single shot rifles on the market these days, and I can’t say that any are one hole guns, especially at 300+. Your best bet would be a Ruger #1 with an aftermarket barrel in the caliber of your choice.

Comment

My gun always makes a single hole with one shot groups.

Comment

Mine too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My ruger 1 3006 is .75moa but not one hole at 300yd, aint no such gun or shooter!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd look at an Encore with Bullberry custom barrel, but it won't be a 1 hole 300 yard gun. Lol

Comment

Some No.1's or a Browning 1885 high or low wall.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                I'd look at an Encore with Bullberry custom barrel, but it won't be a 1 hole 300 yard gun. Lol
                If 3 go into 1 hole at 300 with ANY gun there is a good bit of luck involved...

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
                  Group gun at 300+.... and go
                  are you looking for a falling block action rifle, or a bolt action rifle with solid bottom (dedicated single shot) ?

this custom No.3 had every accuracy tweak known (Kepplinger set trigger, Lilja straight contour bull barrel,
                  bedded hanger bar and scope base, beavertail fore end,etc...) and it still didn't shoot 1-hole groups ...

Comment

Dang Blake, that made me drool, good looking rifle..!!!!
                    What caliber is it..??

Comment

Pretty gun! Yes probably leaning towards a ruger no 1. Maybe not one hole groups at 300 lol but still a very accurate rifle at that range. I’ve taken two deer at that distance with my fathers when I was younger that dropped in their tracks. Just curious if there are other options that people like, capable of the same thing, and what are the differences? Seeing if anything else peaks my interest. The ruger no 1 I’m looking for has been particularly hard to find in style and caliber..... even harder finding it with a red butt pad.

Comment

A single shot is never going to be as accurate as a bolt action because of the two piece stock and scope mount. Having said that, it's not unheard of to get one down to 1/4" groups with some tweaking and the right load but that's being optimistic. Out of all the models still being made the 1885 has the edge in accuracy potential.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                          My gun always makes a single hole with one shot groups.
                          Lmao came to type the exact same thing

Comment

Wait wait....every gun sold in the classifieds is a "tack driver" or "cloverleaf widowmaker" and y'all are telling me there are no one hole guns?..

I am sad..

Comment

I have a 1885 Winchester in 300 WSm. I can shoot 4-5 shot groups where all are touching at 100 yds. I have never shot paper at 300 yds though. I have killed a lot of deer out to 300yds and one over 500 yds.

Comment

Working...
                              X