• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its all about shot placement. period.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
      Because I said that...

Are you arguing with what I actually said, which is that shot anticipation on big mags is more likely, or are you just putting words in my mouth so you can make an ridiculously obvious statement for effect?
      Some of use grew up shooting british .303 and .30-06 with military surplus rifles and no recoil pads starting at 6. A heavy sendero with a recoil pad in .300 RUM is actually no problem to shoot for those of us that can handle it. With a suppressor it is a joy.

This newer generation of kids I agree with you on. My nephew brags about shooting a 7 mag and complains about the recoil. I then looked at his loads. He was shooting "Reduced Recoil" load that reduced the performance (and recoil) to that of a 7mm-08.

You are probably correct. I was just raised in a generation where we could actually shoot a gun and not let the gun shoot us.

Comment

Originally posted by frios View Post
        its all about shot placement. period.
        Well, it's not ALL about shot placement. Yes, I am well aware that Bell killed elephants with his 7x57, but there is much more to it than placement. For example, if you show up to hunt nilgai with a .270, proficiency with that rifle doesn't mean a thing if the outfitter won't let you hunt with it. Similarly, a .30-378 with a poor bullet choice and great shot placement makes for a long day. The analysis is multifactorial but unless the nilgai are to be hunted on your own ranch or a lease without caliber restrictions for them, .30 should be a bare minimum for this discussion.

Comment

.311 YETI Prolly have to pay it out but you shoot something with that joker and it's cold in a coupla hours. That boolit hits em and bam, DRT. Kinetic energy ain't got jack on sticker shock!

Comment

Working...
          X