No announcement yet.

Duck Hunting shotgun opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used my brothers versamax on my last hunt and I liked it. Didn't seem too heavy and less kick than my benelli nova, but the camo scratches easily and I think the Benelli feels better in my hands. My buddy has a 20 gauge m2. It's great for dove and he's killed a few ducks with it. I think a 12 gauge m2 would be good for ducks.

Comment

i just picked up a 12ga M2. Only shot some clays with it thus far but very happy with it. handled low brass with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
        A-400 hands down. I would shoot an A5 first, I wanted one till i shot my buddy's and couldn't hit my @ss with both hands.
        This. I have a benelli SB3, SB2, ethos, and M2. A400 is my go too. Very soft shooting. points amazing and knocks them down. Rifle gear in Plano has a400 came brand new. 1399 in stock. thats a deal.

Comment

I'll make it easier for you. For me this same debate came down to A400, Sbe 2, and super Vinci. They are all fine guns, just go handle each one and find the best fit. That's what matters the most on a shotgun. These are all quality guns and you are really splitting hairs in that essence. All 3 are different operating systems, and they all work. I have shot all of these, and for me it was hands down on the supervinci. Fit me like a glove. But the others were also great guns. Versamax is a good gun too, but for me it's too heavy. Something that heavy doesn't handle like I want, but my brother has one and it's a well functioning gun.
          B

Comment

Benelli all the way. I think the SBE2 is best mix of rugged/weather proof and all other characteristics. I also like the Super Vinci if your shooting doesn't lend you prone to Benelli Vinci finger (look it up). It got me good and I adjusted. I saw this gun in Anchorage Sportsman's Warehouse for $1170 clearance last week. Best deal I have seen on a shotgun. I also like the balance of my franchi I-12s, but overall, I would go SBE2 or SBE3.

Comment

I speak from experience (owned them all) Beretta and benelli both make great guns, but for a workhorse of a shotgun that will shoot every time there is only one choice. BENELLI. We hunt hard during the season and although beretta makes a awesome gun for the average guy, they do fail in hard use conditions.
              Last edited by CodyWitt; 01-08-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Anyone who tells you that the A400 is as stout as a benelli doesn’t hunt them very hard. I’m not partial to any brand and I own and shoot them all, but if I had to own one shotgun to do it all it would be a SBE series of guns.

Comment

Handle them all, & buy what fits you best....I really like my Beretta A350 Extreama

Comment

I have a SBE2 and just started shooting a Browning maxus I picked up for cheap when gander was going out of biz. Lets just say the SBE2 has been sitting in the safe all year and I don't see it coming out in the near future. That Maxus is a really sweet shooter

Comment

I'll throw the Winchester SX4 out there.

Comment

I chose the Remington Versamax Waterfowl Pro and have been very satisfied.

Comment

Go to a registered NSCA sporting clay tournament and see what the majority of the auto loaders are there. Not gonna see many benellis but you will see a boat load of Beretta a400s, 391's, and even 390s which havnt been made in 15 years. Some of these guys put 200 plus rounds down the tube every weekend and the guns last for years and years. I am by no means saying the benellis are not good guns I hunt with a lot of guys who love them but the my xtrema 2, and a 400's have never let me down.

Comment

a400. have a sbe2 and have constance issues with the sbe. never once, in the now 5 duck seasons and about 15000 shells have I ever had an issue with my a400

Comment

I've been shopping for new a new 12ga autoloader for a year now (but have yet to pull the trigger ) and I've narrowed it down to 2 models based on how they shoulder & point for me and their price point. I intend to buy one in black and have it cerakote'd & dip the stock because I don't really like the camo job on most new guns. The SX4 in bottomland is probably the best that I've seen on a sub $1500 gun:

My favorite is the new Franchi Affinity - 3" chamber, 28" bbl, in black for around $700 online if you look around. Here's one @ http://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=51487

Winchester SX4 - 3.5" chamber, 28" bbl, in black for $685 @ https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...5+Stk+Aluminum

Comment

I really like my Baretta A400, first season with it but it's been great. My Benelli SBEII has been put up and probably won't come back out because of the Baretta. Don't think you can go wrong either way though

Comment

Working...
                                X