I love 35 Remington

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
      I love 35 Remington
      I love you too, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        I love you too, buddy.

I was going to answer the OP....”Well, there IS this one guy. Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all are a mess

Comment

Inherited my grandpa's 35 Remington this weekend.

Last time I bought him some bullets I found them at Wal-Mart of all places

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Remington 141 pump in 35 if anyone is interested, PM me

Comment

Sounds like a lot of us inherited them from our dads and grandfathers.

Grandpa bought mine in 1957, and another just like it in 30-30 (which my brother received)

This is a double I got a few years back.

That big pig, looked like something out of a horror film. The exit wound was big enough to put my hand in.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My vote is the 30-30 shooting Hornady LEVERevolution Ammunition. As far as store bought ammo it is going to be hard to beat the performance and the price for your deer and hog hunting. Happy New Year.

Comment

I have my grand dad'ss JM stamped Marlin .35. I'm not sure the year, but it shoots Hornaday leverevolutions lights out and really plants hogs.

Comment

Took possession of my grandpa's this last weekend. Bought new shortly after marrying my grandma he bought it for $35 and had to finance it paying $5 at a time. Looked up serial # and it was made 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Took possession of my grandpa's this last weekend. Bought new shortly after marrying my grandma he bought it for $35 and had to finance it paying $5 at a time. Looked up serial # and it was made 1950.

That is cool!

No safety. No sling studs drilled in. Just right!

Is it drilled and tapped for a scope?

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          That is cool!

No safety. No sling studs drilled in. Just right!

Is it drilled and tapped for a scope?
                          It is. Had an older 2-7 tasco, which was surprisingly really clear, on it I removed.

Going to shoot this open sights until my eyes won't let me anymore.

Comment

.35 Rem is a great round for deer, hogs, and black bear. Original loading was with a 200gr round nose. My great grandfather bought a Remington Model 8 in .35 Rem when they first cam out with the first auto loader.That gun was also adopted by law enforcement for use to combat heavily armed criminals. It was used to the demise of Bonnie and Clyde.

Remington makes a 150gr CoreLock for use. I've shot a few turkeys and deer with them. They are super flat shooting compared to the 180gr and 200gr offerings out there. I've also reloaded this cartrige up with some Speer 250gr SP just for kicks. Lotta fun shooting 5 gallon tin cans at 200 with those. I've also pulled some 115gr 9mm projectiles out and loaded those, and several .357 projectiles, and shot them from .35 Rem cases just for the fun of it. I do recommend for hunting deer sized game to stay around 180-200gr.
                            Did I say I was shooting it out of a T/C Contender Super 14 ? I'm also looking for a good deal on a quality Rem Model 8 in .35 Rem to add back into my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                              The 35 Remington is a hammer. My grandfather had one(passed down to my lil brother) it was accurate and hit hard. Great Texas deer/hog gun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                              Funny you should say that. I always call mine the "Hammer". I would never sell it. A JM marked Marlin 336.

Comment

Originally posted by toaster View Post
                                Funny you should say that. I always call mine the "Hammer". I would never sell it. A JM marked Marlin 336.

I say had. He still has it. I agree. That's a life time gun for sure. She is a beauty.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X