2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
    Is the Lone Peak option only for those waiting on a Long Action or do we get the option if we are still waiting on a Short Action?
    I would assume just for those with the long actions because they don’t even have an expected date on those actions yet. The short action bodies are there and they are just waiting on the bolts. Doesn’t hurt to ask though.

Comment

Any word on the other short action bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
        Any word on the other short action bolts?
        Another deadline has passed with no actions or updates. We will begin working on some "plan B" options tomorrow for those still waiting like we did for the standard long action guys. I have no doubt the actions will eventually get here, but I won't even guess when at this point.

-Robert
        Alamo Precision Rifles

Comment

Dang with all the troubles y'all have had with the suppliers, I'm guessing this may be the end of the group buys.

Comment

2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
            Dang with all the troubles y'all have had with the suppliers, I'm guessing this may be the end of the group buys.

Or a re-evaluation of certain suppliers.

I don’t work at APR or know any of those guys well (beyond having them build a few rifles, etc.). I’m guessing that there have been some guys that have been upset with the delays and have spoken up to APR about it but the root cause of the problem isn’t the buyer or the manufacturer. The root cause of the issues as far as I’ve been able to tell has been one (or two) suppliers that couldn’t deliver the way that they said they could. That’s just bad business for that supplier because now a VERY LARGE group of their potential client base has experienced or witnessed the debacle that is their (the supplier) inability to follow through.
            Last edited by RdRdrFan; 08-29-2018, 07:50 AM.

Comment

X2 on this.

I’m already preparing for the next group but so bring on the next group buy lol

Comment

Pretty sure this has happened already

Comment

I just don't understand how the supplier can keep telling you for 3 months they will have their product in a week, and not deliver.

Will anxiously wait though for a quality piece of work, regardless! Just like a kid in the candy store.

I think Robert has done an excellent job of keeping everyone in the loop and informed of the situation.

Comment

I just got an update from Curtis. They are saying the biggest delay is due to one missing part. The roller bearing for the cocking piece did not arrive on schedule. They are expecting them to deliver next Thursday. Once they get here, we will be able to move forward on the short actions we already chambered a couple weeks back(9 were assigned and chambered but still missing bolts). The balance of the "complete" regular short actions should be coming with them(we are still missing 6). The short mag receiver bodies are not completed at this point either(we are missing 5). They are expected to complete by the time the others are ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                      I just got an update from Curtis. They are saying the biggest delay is due to one missing part. The roller bearing for the cocking piece did not arrive on schedule. They are expecting them to deliver next Thursday. Once they get here, we will be able to move forward on the short actions we already chambered a couple weeks back(9 were assigned and chambered but still missing bolts). The balance of the "complete" regular short actions should be coming with them(we are still missing 6). The short mag receiver bodies are not completed at this point either(we are missing 5). They are expected to complete by the time the others are ready.
                      Thank you for the update. I gave my FFL all of your information. So they should be reaching out to you. I know mine isn't ready yet, but I wanted to get the ball rolling.

Comment

Chase assured me last week they were presently working on the longs and would be to APR within the next two weeks. Fingers crossed for an arrival next week.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                          Chase assured me last week they were presently working on the longs and would be to APR within the next two weeks. Fingers crossed for an arrival next week.
                          I hope that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                            That would be awesome! We will see

Comment

For all you guys that still don’t have yours....bidding starts at $5,000

[emoji12]
                              Seriously tho, it sucks for y’all and APR about all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                                For all you guys that still don’t have yours....bidding starts at $5,000

[emoji12]
                                Seriously tho, it sucks for y’all and APR about all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                When they going to finish painting your stock?

Comment

Working...
                                X