• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
    Don’t want to ruin a $2600 gun.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      Don’t want to ruin a $2600 gun.
      very detailed and thoroughly video on how the author cleans his rifles

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5_vO2Donhg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5_vO2Donhg[/ame]
      Last edited by Cajun Blake; 07-27-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I would also invest in a "stock boot" to prevent the finish on your stock from getting messed up from cleaning solvents.

Fits over the rifle stock during cleaning of the barrel to prevent solvents from marring the finish. The quilt on the outside soaks up the solvent before it reaches the stock and holds it until it evaporates. The double thickness of vinyl on the inside stops any solvents from getting through. The basic colors are Red, Wine, Black, Blue, and Green. CAUTION, Do not leave this Stokboot on over night, there is a slight possibility that the solvents you are using could soak through the threads before evaporation and affect the stock.

** just looked on the I-net and these may have been discontinued by Sinclair, Brownell, Gammon, Midway, etc...

I'll do some calling around to see if I can find any for sale and who carries them now

Comment

That’s a good idea as well. I haven’t seen them before. I’ll see if I have any luck finding some as well.

Comment

Sinclair has a different version in stock but it is the only I have been able to find so far.

Attached Files

Comment

Just picked it up....

Drool......

Will take proper photos later

Comment

Here is my new 6.5MB. Topped with a Leica 4-20x50 and fronted by one of my Omegas. 20” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                  Here is my new 6.5MB. Topped with a Leica 4-20x50 and fronted by one of my Omegas. 20” barrel.

Awesome! We need to go shoot sometime.

Comment

Finally picked up my TBH special
                    .338 Win Mag
                    26" barrel threaded 5/8x24

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      I would also invest in a "stock boot" to prevent the finish on your stock from getting messed up from cleaning solvents.

Fits over the rifle stock during cleaning of the barrel to prevent solvents from marring the finish. The quilt on the outside soaks up the solvent before it reaches the stock and holds it until it evaporates. The double thickness of vinyl on the inside stops any solvents from getting through. The basic colors are Red, Wine, Black, Blue, and Green. CAUTION, Do not leave this Stokboot on over night, there is a slight possibility that the solvents you are using could soak through the threads before evaporation and affect the stock.

** just looked on the I-net and these may have been discontinued by Sinclair, Brownell, Gammon, Midway, etc...

I'll do some calling around to see if I can find any for sale and who carries them now
                      I keep any of the small bubble wrap that I get when stuff gets shipped to the shop, wrap around the stock, overlap and secure it with a piece of tape and then cover that with a couple sheets of the blue shop rags/paper towels. But hey I'm a tightwad like that. Works well to absorb and not allow solvents/oils on the stock.

Comment

Took me a little bit to realize I had to resize my images.
                        Here are a couple pics of my new TBH special.
                        Hope to remember to post group pic's when I shoot it next week.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I changed out my medium ARC rings, to low ARC rings. Just FYI, if someone was wondering, a 50mm will clear with lows.

Comment

2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Apr’s Post for the gun I snagged
                            Glass will unfortunately be awhile from now

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              Apr’s Post for the gun I snagged
                              Glass will unfortunately be awhile from now

Very nice rifle and great choice on caliber. The 257 WBY is my favorite.

Comment

Robert- Can we get an update on the rest of the actions you are waiting on?

Comment

Working...
                                X