2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbail13 View Post
    You and I have good taste in rifles. This one was mine and I picked it up yesterday.
    Hopes and dreams smashed. Lol. Good taste indeed.

Comment

Wow....looks awesome. Love the pattern

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
        Hopes and dreams smashed. Lol. Good taste indeed.
        And now, yours is not one of a kind. wamp wamp!

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
          And now, yours is not one of a kind. wamp wamp!
          Not as big of a deal to me as having the wait continue. I figured it was a good possibility that the colors might not be the only one out there anyways.

Comment

Waiting on seekins rings, Leupold VX-5HD 3x15x44mm (firedot), and a sling. Should all be here fairly soon. Can't wait to get her set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Waiting on seekins rings, Leupold VX-5HD 3x15x44mm (firedot), and a sling. Should all be here fairly soon. Can't wait to get her set up.

I finally got to shoot mine! Haven’t really had a chance to dial it in because of having work to do at the ranch but this is the first group after getting it on paper. I cleaned it after every shot and dialed in the scope as I went. Last shot after I cleaned it was the top shot and the next 3 are touching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Black Ice; 07-23-2018, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                I finally got to shoot mine! Haven’t really had a chance to dial it in because of having work to do at the ranch but this is the first group after getting it on paper. I cleaned it after every shot and dialed in the scope as I went. Last shot after I cleaned it was the top shot and the next 3 are touching it.

Very nice. Caliber?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Very nice. Caliber?

6.5 Creed

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Very very nice! How many "Break in" shots did you clean between?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                      Very very nice! How many "Break in" shots did you clean between?

Made it to 8 and then it was just too hot outside to keep messing with it.

Comment

Just received the call.......

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Just received the call.......
                          so you driving to get it or shipping? haha

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                            so you driving to get it or shipping? haha
                            Shipping unfortunately.....
                            Said it’ll be out today or tomorrow.

It’ll be a surprise to because I completely forgot what camo pattern I ended up going with

Edit: lol never mind I looked it up. Coyote gap

I’m pumped
                            Last edited by 150class; 07-24-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Had to do a little maneuvering on shipping to a ffl. Since I’m new to the Bellaire area here in Houston I had to find a shop. Found one with 22 Five star reviews so picked them and filled out the requested transfer request form online since I didn’t get ahold of them over the phone to just send it via email. Told APR to ship it there.

Ended up trying to call them again with no luck and decided to swing by since it’s on the way home and it was only 445 and they closed at 6:00. Showed up to a locked door with magazines (assuming mail) stacking up on the porch and another call yielded no results so I’m not even sure they are still in business anymore. I’m heading to the Guad river this weekend so found another ffl in that area and a few calls later with apr and the rifle is inbound to that shop instead.

Thanks again for the quick adjustments by Garrett at APR
                              Hopefully make it down there to snag it by Friday evening!

Comment

For all the guys who paired their rifles with the Leupold HD 6, is the glass that much better than the 5? Worth the price difference? Looking to scope a 300 win man myself and can't make up my mind

Comment

Working...
                                X