Clear All

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
    Just got the call.....[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Calls happening on Saturdays it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Calls happening on Saturdays it seems

How long did it take yours to get to your dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
        How long did it take yours to get to your dealer?

Apr and my ffl both closed on Mondays. I went to gun shop first thing Tuesday and sent ffl to Apr. Rifle shipped out that day and it came in Thursday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Apr and my ffl both closed on Mondays. I went to gun shop first thing Tuesday and sent ffl to Apr. Rifle shipped out that day and it came in Thursday evening.

[emoji108]

Comment

I like living close by where I can just go pick mine up.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Oh yea!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Sweeeeet looking rig. Congrats

Comment

I really like the color choice. I almost went with something similar but chose a different route. Got the ambush paint job with the barrel and action in midnight bronze. Can’t wait to get it.

Comment

Nice!

About the only thing I struggled with other than caliber was spiral vs. ratchet flutes. Had the bolt not been fluted I prolly would have gone ratchet

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        Well, dang it. Glad you got it sorted out. Too late now obviously, but I bet they would have sent a replacement set. I'm going to keep my eyes on the next few sets now.
                        Why isn't lapping them a perfect solution?
                        I see more and more the opinion that rings "shouldn't need it" because they "cost $200 and are quality."
                        You're obviously way more experienced than I am. Why would you recommend waiting on another set and just hoping they don't need it vs. lapping and being confident they're 100% good? Even if you can't cram a sheet of paper in there like he could (if the rings have a belly for example) they can almost certainly use it, right?
                        You have two machined pieces of metal in the receiver and rings that weren't mated to start, yet there seems to be an expectation that they will fit perfectly and be aligned as installed if you spend X amount on the rings.
                        How is this different from expecting your scope to be sighted in because you paid $3500 for it?

Comment

Robert, if we bring scope and rings when picking up the rifle is it possible to have it mounted/rings lapped the day of pickup? Might be in the middle of a move when rifle is ready and my equipment will be in storage. If not able to be done that day any idea how long it would normally take?

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                            Robert, if we bring scope and rings when picking up the rifle is it possible to have it mounted/rings lapped the day of pickup? Might be in the middle of a move when rifle is ready and my equipment will be in storage. If not able to be done that day any idea how long it would normally take?
                            I asked and was told they don’t do lapping. Even though it has cost listed on their site.

Comment

[QUOTE=meltingfeather;13413030]Why isn't lapping them a perfect solution?
                              I see more and more the opinion that rings "shouldn't need it" because they "cost $200 and are quality."
                              You're obviously way more experienced than I am. Why would you recommend waiting on another set and just hoping they don't need it vs. lapping and being confident they're 100% good? Even if you can't cram a sheet of paper in there like he could (if the rings have a belly for example) they can almost certainly use it, right?
                              You have two machined pieces of metal in the receiver and rings that weren't mated to start, yet there seems to be an expectation that they will fit perfectly and be aligned as installed if you spend X amount on the rings.
                              How is this different from expecting your scope to be sighted in because you paid $3500 for

I'm against lapping $200 rings because you already paid a premium to have them machined as a single unit to avoid having to correct any issues. Lapping them in is a simple concept that does not always work out in practice. There is no way to maintain even pressure on both ring halves consistently throughout the process and you can easily lose concentricity between the top and bottom halves to some degree. Which can lead to several other issues. Usually the true issue lies in the base or the attachment hardware when higher end rings exhibit alignment issues. I'm all for lapping to get that last 20% of contact, but do not see it as a tool to solve gross fitment issues. There is usually something else at play.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                                I asked and was told they don’t do lapping. Even though it has cost listed on their site.
                                Not sure who you spoke to, but it is indeed a service we offer. Though seldom have a need for. Dave or myself are the only ones that I'll let do it. There are a couple new folks up front that probably didn't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X